• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 Dwayne Morgan SF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Alex Kline â€@TheRecruitScoop

Dwayne Morgan's AAU coach informs me that the 2014 SF has narrowed his list to Indiana, Missouri, Seton Hall, USF, UNLV & Maryland.

The 6-7 forward is a 5-star player by all recruiting services. Reading on Twitter is seems shocking to most that Morgan would have narrowed his list down to these schools. With the exception of Indiana and Maryland, the other 4 are surprising.

An exciting style of play and another NCAAT appearance will greatly enhance USF's chances with guys like Morgan, Grayson Allen, and Joel Berry.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

omg please

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I thought you were against us going after players from Maryland.

My stance on where USF should spend most of their recruiting budget is well documented. However if they are hard after a guy in Maryland or any other place I will post it on the bullspen since this is what I do best on here.

I say get em where they sleep at night. Every once in a while you have to get outside of the box and go get one from outside our comfort zone. Sometimes these Northern kids have dreams of Florida beaches and places where coeds don't add 20 in the winter time.

I thought you were against us going after players from Maryland.

My stance on where USF should spend most of their recruiting budget is well documented. However if they are hard after a guy in Maryland or any other place I will post it on the bullspen since this is what I do best on here.

I say get em where they sleep at night. Every once in a while you have to get outside of the box and go get one from outside our comfort zone. Sometimes these Northern kids have dreams of Florida beaches and places where coeds don't add 20 in the winter time.

Like Grayson Allen, Joel Berry, and Adonys Henriquez, Morgan is looking for a school that plays with a little bit of pace. As a wing player he wants to play in a system that fully utilizes their guards and forwards talent and athletic ability. Imo of the 6 schools Morgan has left on his list USF would probably rank as the team having the worse shot at getting him right now. I'm sure Coach Skeeters like Coach Hipsher did with Zeigler and is doing with Henriquez, Berry, and Allen, is telling Morgan that USF will play faster this season. According to a buddy, Seton Hall made the cut based strictly on their style of play.

I said before with our weak non-conference schedule there is no reason why USF shouldn't be able to run those teams out the gym. Heath has said that star PG Anthony Collins is at his best in an up tempo offense and promises to unleash the whole team this season. I guess we are only weeks from finding out is Stan telling the truth.

Another thing on Morgan is he's looking to take Visits before next spring gets here, and is probably going to end his recruiting right around the time AAU ball starts up, which is extremely early for a player of his caliber. He's a bright kid that understands the importance of hard work both in the classroom and the hardwood.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

He is a 2014 5star SF and he is planning an unofficial next month per Adam Zagoria.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/morgan-planning-indiana-missouri-unlv-officials/#more-85914

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I know we have a thread on him probably buried. But, this would be a huge pick up. Probably bigger than Egbunu.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

With the Invitational running on the following dates, I'm wondering if he would be able to catch the ND game.

24-26 Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament 8 - 10 PM Home Sat, Jan 26 Notre Dame * Tampa, Fla. 12:00 p.m.

I know we have a thread on him probably buried. But, this would be a huge pick up. Probably bigger than Egbunu.

No question it would be a HUGE get. Morgan is a 1 and done kind of talent. Until Egbunu shows that he can dominate guys 3 and 4 inches shorter then him, he ain't going to the next level anytime soon.

Hopefully Victor Rudd can continue his roll, make some more ESPN highlights, and USF wins more then they lose. The success of Rudd Jr will excite a guy like Morgan who himself is a SF.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump

Edited by Vega