• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Were Replaced With FAU By Miami

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fau-miami-announce-3-game-213221471--ncaaf.html;_ylt=Av3LtTELauA7KHoc2jKB6Y8cvrYF

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) Miami and Florida Atlantic have announced a three-game series starting in 2013, the first meetings between the schools.

FAU will visit Miami on Aug. 31, 2013. Miami will play at FAU in 2015, and the Owls return to Miami in 2016.

Besides having campuses an hour apart, there's a tie the programs share. Howard Schnellenberger coached Miami to its first national championship in 1983, then started FAU's program in 1998 and was its only coach until being replaced by Carl Pelini after last season.

Schnellenberger says he's ''thrilled to death'' about the series.

The 2013 game will be one of at least four Miami has with in-state opponents that year. The Hurricanes play an Atlantic Coast Conference game at Florida State, plus host Florida and visit South Florida that season.

Guess they wanted an easier non conference opponent on their schedule.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

So after this year, we no longer have FSU, Miami or UF on the schedule in the foreseeable future... that sucks. (i know we have one more game with UF TBD, but that could be a long way off)

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

we won't get back on their schedules anytime soon.

USF vs UCF rival game now

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I don't blame UM... this is an additional home game for them.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We could get FSU back in the future. I doubt they go to play at WVU in 2013. We should be trying to get that game.

I doubt we play that UF game.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

FAU = no threat and a step closer to a bowl every year

• Content Count:  2,233

Miami added FAU to a 3 game series starting in 2013. They already have USF, UF and not FAU. Plus the conference game with FSU.

If Pitt and Syracuse join the ACC in 2013 as many expect and Miami is foreced to buy out a non conference game I imagine it will be the USF game.

They wont pay the price to give up UF nor would they want too. FAU wont be dropped since it was just added and should be an easy win for them.

Hope USF AD is looking ahead and planning or we could get stuck next spring looking to add a team to replace Miami. Doug you need to be paying attention!!!!

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Miami had made it public a while back they didn't intend to extend the annual series beyond the original contracts for 2013. By 2014, USF will have an eight-game conference schedule, which means only four nonconference games. Not sure USF will continue to have two BCS nonconference opponents at that point -- more likely to have one BCS, two I-A non-BCS and one I-AA home game.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

It is a valid point about UM in 2013. Assuming the ACC is playing a 9 game conference schedule....then UM has UF, USF, FAU....plus there is talk they are planning to play a Non-conference opponent at Yankee Stadium in a Neutral SIte game, no opponent announced.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5518921

Thus, so a couple of things may still happen....most of them point to a USF buyout. Are they not going to play a FCS school? Are they not going to play in Yankee Stadium? Right now....there 2013 schedule would be set....but I tend to doubt they will forgo both of those other options.

As GA implied.......USF already plays at Michigan State in 2013.....and assuming UM doesn't cancel....2013 is set with 7 home games. However, even IF UM cancels....USF has six home games set for 2013...so they could take that game as either a home or away.

• Content Count:  2,233

USF97 that was the point I was trying to make, Miami will more than probally add one more Non conference game.They are in talks with Yankees about playing a neutral site game there.

Pitt and Cuse will be members next year in the ACC if all goes to plan. So that squeezes out USF for 2013. I dont see the BE keeping Pitt and CUSE after this season, Since WVU left and we have the additions coming on board next year. Makes sense to let Pitt/Cuse leave a year early for a higher exit fee. Also BE is will be negotating the TV contract this year as well so Im sure they will factor all that in.

Archived