• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blake Nash Transferring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

@BlakeNashIBall "I WILL BE TRANSFERRING FROM THE University of South Florida" 45 minutes ago

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Not too disappointed, really hoping we land Cassel. Good luck to him though.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It was expected. I'm sure he will go to another school and do very well.

he is disappointed that it has come to this but he wants more playing time and going to be tough with the guard situation here. He is doing what is best for him and I hope it all works out.

• Content Count:  1,524

I may be ignorant to what is going on, but why was it expected that he would transfer?

• Content Count:  761

yea i was not expecting this at all, he just wrote on twitter yesterday that he loves USF and the people there

• Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I may be ignorant to what is going on, but why was it expected that he would transfer?

Its been rumored for a little while now. I think he expected to have more playing time. No one predicted that AC would come in a take the starting PG job as quickly as he did.

Its been rumored for a little while now. I think he expected to have more playing time. No one predicted that AC would come in a take the starting PG job as quickly as he did.

and the recruitment of Sam Cassell Jr didn't help

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It was discussed in the "next year/USF Basketball" thread:

Held_AccountaBull, on 12 April 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Mama_Bull, on 12 April 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Anthony Ray @ArizonaPreps Anthony Ray is a basketball scout and the McDonald's All-American contact for the state of Arizona, and the senior editor for ArizonaPreps.com. Phoenix, Arizona · http://www.arizonapreps.com Anthony Ray †@ArizonaPreps University of South Florida sophomore point guard Blake Nash has asked for his release and will transfer schools. 3:33 PM - 11 Apr 12 via Twitter for Android · DetailsWTF? We better be landing Cassell.

Greg Auman was asked about that in his chat today: 11:55 spacer.gif [Comment From GuestGuest: ]

Heard Blake Nash is intending to transfer because of all the guards being brought in. Heard anything on that front?

fb_share2.png Thursday April 12, 2012 11:55 Guest 11:57 http://www.coveritli...ages/spacer.gif

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying he intends to transfer, but I think it's a strong possibility. There was a moment in NCAA game vs. Ohio where he struggled to bring ball up against press, and to get on court, he needs to be reliable ballhandler. His two-guard minutes are only going to shrink when you add Hawkins and Abdul-Aleem and Brock (and potentially Cassell).

fb_share2.png

11:57 He only has two years left, so you'd think he has to sit one to play one, but I believe there's a family illness that would give him a viable waiver to play immediately if he could find a transfer school somewhere in the southwest, in Arizona or Southern California.

Thursday April 12, 2012 11:57

11:58 I think Heath would welcome him back if he chooses to return, but would understand if he left to find minutes elsewhere.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Agreed about what Greg said above - against Ohio I noticed when they brought Nash in, he struggled against the press bringing the ball up the court and I believe he had a couple turnovers. Heath couldn't get Collins back in fast enough. Looks like Nash saw the writing on the wall. I'd transfer too, if I was him.

Wish him well.

Archived