• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DT Grissom Injured

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

AA tweeted:

I will briefly discuss Cory Grissom's injury on @CFBLive starting at 3:30 pm ET.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7820942/cory-grissom-south-florida-bulls-breaks-ankle-surgery

Not much news. Just that he's getting surgery this week. Still no timetable.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

APRIL 17, 2012

Holtz 'encouraged' for Grissom playing in '12

CLEARWATER -- USF coach Skip Holtz said he's been told the likely timetable for senior defensive tackle Cory Grissom being sidelined by a broken ankle is about three months, telling a booster gathering that he's "encouraged" about the defensive leader being able to play this fall.

"I don't know what's going to happen with Cory, but we are being told it's about a three-month process to get him back, so I'm encouraged with him as a senior that he'll have the opportunity to come back this year," Holtz said.

Grissom fractured the fibula in his right leg during a non-contact drill Monday morning and will undergo surgery Thursday. If he were unable to return this season, he would be eligible for a sixth year of eligibility in 2013, but Holtz is optimistic he'll be able to return as a key member of the Bulls defense. Grissom has started all 25 games under Holtz as a central part of the Bulls' run defense.

"He's been our anchor up front," Holtz said.

We'll have more from the "Around the Horns" dinner at Island Way Grill later tonight. ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 9:27:09 pm on April 17, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/holtz-encouraged-grissom-playing-12

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

APRIL 17, 2012

Holtz 'encouraged' for Grissom playing in '12

CLEARWATER -- USF coach Skip Holtz said he's been told the likely timetable for senior defensive tackle Cory Grissom being sidelined by a broken ankle is about three months, telling a booster gathering that he's "encouraged" about the defensive leader being able to play this fall.

"I don't know what's going to happen with Cory, but we are being told it's about a three-month process to get him back, so I'm encouraged with him as a senior that he'll have the opportunity to come back this year," Holtz said.

Grissom fractured the fibula in his right leg during a non-contact drill Monday morning and will undergo surgery Thursday. If he were unable to return this season, he would be eligible for a sixth year of eligibility in 2013, but Holtz is optimistic he'll be able to return as a key member of the Bulls defense. Grissom has started all 25 games under Holtz as a central part of the Bulls' run defense.

"He's been our anchor up front," Holtz said.

We'll have more from the "Around the Horns" dinner at Island Way Grill later tonight. ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 9:27:09 pm on April 17, 2012

http://www.tampabay....ssom-playing-12

Glad to read this. Cory will be gung ho to rehab, I know. I'm betting on a first game start, for my favorite Pork Chop.

• Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Out only 3 months, that is good news.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

There is a difference between coming back and coming back prepared to compete and the highest level. Skip isn't a doctor so I'm going forward with cautious optimism on this.

• Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

There is a difference between coming back and coming back prepared to compete and the highest level. Skip isn't a doctor so I'm going forward with cautious optimism on this.

CousinRicky, we covered that in school this week and the 3 months is what's required for flu healing of a fibular fracture. If muscle tone is kept during rehab, he will come back strong but the linchpin will be the psychological state, how confident he can be putting weight on that leg without any afterthought or hesitation.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

Hope you are right on that.

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Hope you are right on that.

i've torn 6 ligaments in my 2 ankles the past 2 summers playing basketball coming down after going for a rebound. I still get nervous sometimes when going for the ball but was scared for a bit when I came back both times. just depends how he reacts and if nervous at first how long it will last

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

He should be held out until Rutgers

Archived