• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Men's Basketball has turned the corner: The fans have to step up!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

For the longest time, many of us (me!) wondered it it would ever happen for USF basketball. We were paying some of the lowest coaching salaries and had really poor facilities... I could go on.

This is why it took 20 years for us to get back to the DANCE.

Now, everything has changed. USF and the big supporters have done their part. It's been very impressive, to say the least.

And the coaching staff and players have done their part. And as a basketball junkie, USF getting a top 25 recruiting ranking on hoopscooponline is pretty impressive for the future.

One thing needs to change: attendance.

We've been hovering around the 4K average for the year for ages. This is not indicative of a major basketball program.

As soon as season tickets become available, I'm getting them. I hope you Bulls make the same commitment.

If you are a student, please attend the games! (Yes, Francis, I know there are no games now...)

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'm pretty confident attendance will change. The product wasn't very good before, you need runs to gain those fans. '07 football added a lot (incl. myself), '12 basketball probably will.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

No final four, no thanks.

• Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be there for sure, along with a couple of my friends..However, I have to say, whenver I try to get other people from my classes to go out to the game...They are just not interested. There aren't too many people that big down here in basketball I have noticed..

That said, with the new Sun Dome, I have faith the marketing team will bring out some good crowds, along with the talent that will be out on the court!

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Did they come out with season ticket pricing in the new Sundome? Probably to early.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'll be there for sure, along with a couple of my friends..However, I have to say, whenver I try to get other people from my classes to go out to the game...They are just not interested. There aren't too many people that big down here in basketball I have noticed..

That said, with the new Sun Dome, I have faith the marketing team will bring out some good crowds, along with the talent that will be out on the court!

FL not interested in basketball? No way...

I hate the disinterest...ugh..

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Just look at the attendance the last couple of games of the regular season. The fans came around. I hand't been to a basketball game since I got free tickets to the UConn game because I bought tickets to the St. Pete Bowl the year USF went to it. That was until USF played Cincy and then I came back for WVU. Fans will come out to see a quality product and I believe people will start to build the attendance next year.

After this run, I'm considering looking into season tickets next year, but it's still a bit of a haul to make weeknight games in Tampa from north of Orlando. At the least I will definitely be catching some Bulls basketball next year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Just look at the attendance the last couple of games of the regular season. The fans came around. I hand't been to a basketball game since I got free tickets to the UConn game because I bought tickets to the St. Pete Bowl the year USF went to it. That was until USF played Cincy and then I came back for WVU. Fans will come out to see a quality product and I believe people will start to build the attendance next year.

Hope you're right. We are in uncharted territory right now with the unprecedented success this year. It's going to be really interesting to see how things play out early next season as far as support goes .... New digs, coming off the best season in the history of the program, next year should better be the best averaged attendance season in our history.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

We did get a lot of support at the last home game against WVU, 9700 almost a sellout at the 10,000 seat Sun Dome. Unfortunately, those people were rewarded with one of the worst performances of our last 10 games.

Once it becomes consistent, so will the attendance.

Archived