• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Men's Basketball has turned the corner: The fans have to step up!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

We did get a lot of support at the last home game against WVU, 9700 almost a sellout at the 10,000 seat Sun Dome. Unfortunately, those people were rewarded with one of the worst performances of our last 10 games.

Once it becomes consistent, so will the attendance.

Well, nearly all the home games were at the Tampa Times Forum because of the construction work going on.

I think that was a bit of a contributing factor to attendance as well..At least it was for me for a couple games here and there when I didn't have a ride to go downtown.

Edit: That's not to say that's why attendance was down..I remember the previous year attendance was pretty pathetic as well (although that was the year we only had 10 wins), except for games like UConn, Syracuse, Louisville, etc. where there were tons of fans for the opposing team.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think we'll have an uptick in season ticket holders wanting to get seats in the newly renovated Sun Dome. Students, however, have to step their game up.

• Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

I think marketing has to get the students involved. I remember back in the day, people used to come into the dorms and get the students to come to the games. They'd have cheerleaders, Rocky and the whole nine yards.

There's a lot of momentum right now. I just hope USF promotes the heck out of next season.

It would be nice to have 8K for the year next season.

Too high?

I think it's very achievable. If the team wins, I don't see how that's not possible.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have faith the marketing team will bring out some good crowds, along with the talent that will be out on the court!

I think marketing has to get the students involved. I remember back in the day, people used to come into the dorms and get the students to come to the games. They'd have cheerleaders, Rocky and the whole nine yards.

LOL. Sorry, I have zero faith in our marketing team. Their idea of marketing is social media (twitter, facebook, and whatever new trendy website they use for 4 months and drop it quickly). Marketing to students consists of an email and occasionally bribing with pizza and/or a t-shirt. Don't get your hopes up; most of the marketing will come from the media such as blogs, radio, and newspapers.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I think we'll have an uptick in season ticket holders wanting to get seats in the newly renovated Sun Dome. *******Students, however, have to step their game up.***********

Yeah, I'm a little tired of the old it's too far excuse. When I went there, I and many others in my dorm were dirt poor and we got around town on a regular basis. PLUS we didn't have the Bull Runner Shuttle.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Lol. You said marketing and USF in the same sentence.

Archived