• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF on the front page of ESPN NCAABB

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7619813/quick-hitters-south-florida-bulls-ready-grind-bid-college-basketball

Heres an article by Andy Katz that was linked on the front page, interesting quote from Stan:

"We haven't lost to a team that isn't ranked in the Top 25 since Dec. 28 and the only other teams that can say that are Kentucky, North Carolina and Syracuse," Heath said. "We should get credit for the teams you're supposed to beat."

That is something I did not know, very impressive.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Heath is exactly right.

I said it a few weeks ago that we shouldn't be punished for the same thing. Good teams beat the teams they are supposed to.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I still don't buy this "judged independently" and "conference records don't matter" business they keep throwing around. If it were true, then why does CBS and ESPN both post conference records when they talk about a team's resume. Or how about how they both do blind comparisons between bubble teams.

I refuse to believe the committee will bury their head in the sand and say that a team with 13 conference wins in the Big East is not eligible.

Not to mention we're still punished for taking care of our business in conference. Sure we didn't take out the top dogs, but we also didn't lose to the nobodies. All of our bad losses were 2 1/2 months ago or older. The team playing right now is not the same team we saw in November/December.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I still don't buy this "judged independently" and "conference records don't matter" business they keep throwing around. If it were true, then why does CBS and ESPN both post conference records when they talk about a team's resume. Or how about how they both do blind comparisons between bubble teams.

I refuse to believe the committee will bury their head in the sand and say that a team with 13 conference wins in the Big East is not eligible.

Not to mention we're still punished for taking care of our business in conference. Sure we didn't take out the top dogs, but we also didn't lose to the nobodies. All of our bad losses were 2 1/2 months ago or older. The team playing right now is not the same team we saw in November/December.

It's crazy how different we are as a team. I think if this team played the same team that lost to ODU and Penn State, the current team would win by 20.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7619813/quick-hitters-south-florida-bulls-ready-grind-bid-college-basketball Heres an article by Andy Katz that was linked on the front page, interesting quote from Stan:
"We haven't lost to a team that isn't ranked in the Top 25 since Dec. 28 and the only other teams that can say that are Kentucky, North Carolina and Syracuse," Heath said. "We should get credit for the teams you're supposed to beat."
That is something I did not know, very impressive.

Heath borrowed that from an article written by a basketball pundit about a week ago. At the time, I hoped that he would bring that up.

BTW, I believe the team we played on Dec 28th was UConn who was ranked at the time. Our last loss before that was on Dec 22th to So Miss who is still ranked. So, our last really bad loss was on Dec 14th to Auburn.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think if this team played the same team that lost to ODU and Penn State, the current team would win by 20.

I think the ODU loss is the one that hurts us the most. If Collins and Poland were playing, then I think we win that game, which in turn would have set up a game with Kentucky.

Beating ODU would have taken 2 of our bad losses off the resume and you'd be looking at an RPI right now in 30's and a likely SOS in the teens.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

This team has grown a lot this season.

I did not expect it. Earlier in the season......I said at best this is an NIT team.

Now this team is playing like an NCAA team and shockingly has actually played it's way onto the bubble.

If we beat WVU this week....it will be interesting to see how the commitee views them against us. Since they are sliding and we seem to be playing better. The Louisville game will play a huge role also.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They left out a 12 win in the SEC Bama team last year. Granted the SEC is **** compared to the BE most years, the precedent is there and it's not like our conference schedule has been all that tough,

Beat UL and we're in

Archived