• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF on the front page of ESPN NCAABB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

it's not like our conference schedule has been all that tough,

I beg to differ. Roads games with Syracuse, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Marquette are tough. Without even looking I will assume that there isn't another Big East team that had to play those exact same teams without even seeing a mirror game from that group.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I beg to differ. Roads games with Syracuse, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Marquette are tough. Without even looking I will assume that there isn't another Big East team that had to play those exact same teams without even seeing a mirror game from that group.

You are both correct to a certain extent. Undoubtedly, USF has played all the best Big East teams on the road, without getting any home games. Hard to imagine almost any scenario where we could be 14-1 at home, without having beaten any Big East teams that are ranked. But, our quirky schedule has shown that is possible.

Currently our in conference SOS is #76 [conference RPI #22], which is respectable, but on paper not all that tough. I'm sure that other Big East teams have what appear to be tougher conference schedules, based just on SOS.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/SFL/south-florida-bulls

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I am sure that most here realize if our uniforms said just about any other school in the Big East that the pundits would be making arguments for us rather than against. It also would help if somehow USF had a couple of more wins and not double diget losses. I say that if they can somehow win the last two games and make it to at least the semifinals of the BET (without getting blown out), the panel would be hard pressed to not at least give USF a look.

• Content Count:  3,475

Playing those hard games isn't impressive when you lose every single one of them, all but one by double digits.

Every team plays those teams at least once, though maybe not all on the road. USF's three teams they play twice have a combined record of 11-37, and are 13th, 14th, and 15th in the league. As Big East schedules go, USF had an easy one.

• Content Count:  10,565

I am sure that most here realize if our uniforms said just about any other school in the Big East that the pundits would be making arguments for us rather than against.

I agree with you 100%

Heath even alluded to that last week.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Not to forget there is no such thing as an easy game in the Big East.

Cincinnati lost to St Johns and Rutgers.

UConn lost to Rutgers

Louisville lost to Providence and needed OT to take care of DePaul.

Notre Dame lost to Rutgers and St Johns and also needed OT to beat Villanova.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I am sure that most here realize if our uniforms said just about any other school in the Big East that the pundits would be making arguments for us rather than against.

I agree with you 100%

Heath even alluded to that last week.

That is why the team will have to play even better to get noticed. It may not be fair but it is the way things work.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I am sure that most here realize if our uniforms said just about any other school in the Big East that the pundits would be making arguments for us rather than against. It also would help if somehow USF had a couple of more wins and not double diget losses. I say that if they can somehow win the last two games and make it to at least the semifinals of the BET (without getting blown out), the panel would be hard pressed to not at least give USF a look.

This.

If the jersey said "St. John's" or "WVU", the prevailing argument would be "Yes, because..."

Because it says "USF", it's "Yes, but..."

• Content Count:  21
  • Days Won:  0

It's nice to see espn put anything positive about USF out anywhere. They had the video of our two loses showing on the usf part of their web site and we had 4 wins in between those loses for weeks. what we can't have any positve publicity.

Archived