• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Link for USF Signing Day Central

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

^ How on earth can you say this is the best class in recent history?

A. We haven't seen any of them on the field yet,

B. I'm quite doubtful it'll be better than our 2009, top 25, class. Even if a few of the kids didn't make it to the program, many of them did make it - and made it to the NFL.

If this is the 2nd best USF class, it's still a great class :-) loads of potential...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Semi off-topic:

I decided to take a look at our... "friends" in the east's Message Board

As this years recruits will be probably be playing once our series re-starts.

They are in partial melt-down there.

Lots of 2 star recruits whos ONLY offer was UCF.

Apparently from my quick reading.. O'Liar mentioned recently that he had a bunch (around 10) "silent commitments" ...?

WTF is that?

• Content Count:  312

B. I'm quite doubtful it'll be better than our 2009, top 25, class. Even if a few of the kids didn't make it to the program, many of them did make it - and made it to the NFL.

If this is the 2nd best USF class, it's still a great class :-) loads of potential...

+1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Faza - in relativity to prior years of recruiting, the talent level of these recruits is superior to that of any class we have had in recent history. Would you not agree with that?

We can argue about the QB position until the cows come home, and honestly I agree with you. If we could get an elite QB, we would have signed one. Truth is, we COULDN'T get an Elite QB. That doesn't mean we should go out and sign a mediocre one. Save the Scholly for a better player and wait a year - get a kid in here in spring 2013 and we'll do the best we can. That is imho a good strategy - kid misses out 1/2 of a redshirted year, and still gets to come in during spring to show us what he's got. He wouldn't have seen the field regardless.

I don't think we are an A+ class, but no one expected us to be - in relativity to our previous years of recruting however, this IS a great class

I want you prescription pad!

• Content Count:  1,867

Nice! Are we missing anyone we were anticipating at this point?

Jarvis McCall...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Well if you look at who ended up becoming starters and really contributing in big ways... 2008 and 2009 were very good classes. 2010 had a few but not many overall. Certainly 2009 made us "see stars." This class is exactly like our usual classes over the past ten years. A few higher rated players, but nothing to brag about nationally as a whole. It's also VERY heavy on JC's, especially percentage-wise, and while that may mean a better year next year, I'm worried that we are knowingly set up for some steps back in a few years. Some of that was preventable, some of it wasn't.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

It's not. I was giving an example of one class that was clearly better.

This class isn't anything exceptional, on paper.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Interesting that Alex Mut is considered a signee as of today. Does that mean he STILL has 5 years from now?

Edit: Coach Phil just said yes. (BTW, since Mut is a Straight-A pre-med student with 30 college credits from high school, he may be more likely to go to Med School than the NFL)

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

This is a very good solid class for USF. Now Holtz will need to show his coaching prowess by getting the most out of these players.

• Content Count:  312

Interesting that Alex Mut is considered a signee as of today. Does that mean he STILL has 5 years from now?

Edit: Coach Phil just said yes. (BTW, since Mut is a Straight-A pre-med student with 30 college credits from high school, he may be more likely to go to Med School than the NFL)

"Enrolled full time in January 2012 after greyshirting during fall 2011, while recovering from a knee injury."

I would assume he get's 4 years + 1 redshirt

Archived