• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Snyder Leaving for Texas A & M

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Gonna be an internal hire or someone with no connections to USF

DC at USF is a great opportunity for an SEC position coach looking to eventually become a head coach

Or SEC position coach looking to eventually become an SEC DC.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

http://coachingsearc...rch-ticker.html

Says we could look at hiring Chris Cosh of Kansas State.

Makes sense. They were at South Carolina together for five years.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

http://coachingtree.blogspot.com/

I hope it is Greg Hudson!

<a href=http://coachingtree.blogspot.com/2012/01/usf-defensive-coordinator.html">USF Defensive Coordinator

USF+logo.jpg

Mark Snyder has left USF to become the new defensive coordinator at Texas A&M under Kevin Sumlin. There is a possibility that Rick Smith could be promoted to defensive coordinator. He was three years of coordinator experience, two at Louisiana Tech and one at Cincinnati. If he is hired, USF will still need to fill the LB coach position that Snyder coached along with his coordinator responsibilities. Here are a few possible replacements that we could see joining the staff:

4344521.jpeg

Greg Hudson - Florida State Linebackers Coach

• Defensive coordinator at East Carolina from 2005-09 under head coach Skip Holtz.
  • LB coach at Cincinnati from 1997-2000. Rick Smith was the defensive coordinator at Cincinnati in 2000.
  • OL coach at UConn from 1994-96. Holtz was the head coach at UConn from 1994-98.
  • Graduate assistant at Notre Dame in 1993, Holtz' last year as the offensive coordinator at Notre Dame.
  • Played for the Fighting Irish from 1986-89. Holtz played WR for the team in '89.

204939.jpeg

Rick Kaczenski - Nebraska Defensive Line Coach

• Graduate assistant at South Carolina from 1999-2001, where Skip Holtz was the Gamecocks offensive coordinator and Todd Fitch was the WR coach.
  • Played offensive line at Notre Dame from 1993-96. Skip Holtz was the offensive coordinator at Notre Dame in 1992 and '93.
  • Just left Iowa for the DL job at Nebraska. Was the main Florida recruiter for the Hawkeyes and may be willing to come to USF if offered the defensive coordinator position.
  • If hired, expect Vernon Hargreaves to move to LB coach.

6949883.jpeg

Brian Jean-Mary - Louisville Linebackers Coach

• Graduate assistant at South Carolina in 2001 and '02, where he worked on staff with Skip Holtz and Todd Fitch.

4533645.jpeg

Ron West - ex-Illinois Outside Linebackers Coach

• OL coach at Tulane in 1997 and '98, where Rick Smith was the DB coach.
  • If hired, it would likely be as LB coach, with Rick Smith being promoted to defensive coordinator.

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I would be really surprised if we hire Hudson. He would have to take a paycut to come here.

I'd be very happy with it though.

and whoever said Steele, are you kidding me? Good recruiter, terrible coach. 70 points to WVU.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I want either Hudson or Shannon. Those are my top two right now, but I don't think we're even on Shannon's radar, or vice versa.

Wow, Holtz and Hudson are a lot more entwined than I thought. There's still the issue that he makes more money at FSU as the LB coach than our recently departed DC.

I would be really surprised if we hire Hudson. He would have to take a paycut to come here.

and whoever said Steele, are you kidding me? Good recruiter, terrible coach. 70 points to WVU.

If he could pull in the ridiculous amount of 4 and 5 star kids Clemson has been getting I'd be happy.

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

If he could pull in the ridiculous amount of 4 and 5 star kids Clemson has been getting I'd be happy.

With those 4 and 5 star kids, his defense gave up 30 or more points 7 times this year, including 70 to WVU, and 45 to a 2-10 Maryland team. No thanks.

There is also a lot of speculation that Clemson has been "buying" some of those recruits.

4 or 5 star recruits mean nothing if you can't coach them.

With those 4 and 5 star kids, his defense gave up 30 or more points 7 times this year, including 70 to WVU, and 45 to a 2-10 Maryland team. No thanks.

There is also a lot of speculation that Clemson has been "buying" some of those recruits.

4 or 5 star recruits mean nothing if you can't coach them.

But two or three years of 4 and 5 star guys sets the next DC up for a great run. It's not like Clemson had a bad season.

Archived