• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DarkSide failed today!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe you're right - maybe there is no sense of urgency. USF basketball will get run over in the Big East like a drunk walking across US 19. But I guess as long as your hero McCullum is leading the team, it's all good. As long as we have the anti-Seth, that seems to be good enough for a lot of people.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Nice way to flip this whole thing upside down...

The anti mac people for the most part are just jumping the gun.. the pro mac people are just pro mac for the time being and will remain pro mac for at least 4 years (4 recruiting cycles).  If it doesn't work out in that amount of time... we won't be happy... but to think we shouldn't give his system its due time is ridiculous.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

as an outsider looking in it seems to me that he  is turning the ship around... have to give him at least 3 years.. Last years team stunk... this one is just a little bad..

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Finally, there is some common sense from an outside source. I fully agree with goodnightfl on his take of the team. To me, the DARKSIDE is weak right now. They dont have any thing to bring to the table right now, so they are reaching. Lets be honest here, C-USA has been the toughest as it has been during these past two to three years. For anyone to say otherwise is just lying or not knowing how bad C-USA was at one point. And yes Mark, that was during Seth's era. Seth couldnt win a weak national division in C-USA against bad teams such as Clyde the so-called coach for Houston. Against, a weak UAB team. A weak USM team. A weak Tulane team. The only competition we had in the national was Memphis, and Seth could not beat them even when Memphis had to rebuild. Lets face it, Seth would not be doing much better at USF right now if he would have toughen it out with USF.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Nice way to flip this whole thing upside down...

The anti mac people for the most part are just jumping the gun.. the pro mac people are just pro mac for the time being and will remain pro mac for at least 4 years (4 recruiting cycles).  If it doesn't work out in that amount of time... we won't be happy... but to think we shouldn't give his system its due time is ridiculous.

I think we come off as anti-Seth because everything these knuckleheads say they want in a coach we had with Seth ...... history, recruiting, charisma. Mac is more of a Paschal type and Bobby did accomplish more here than Seth did so I'm willing to give him a chance.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Finally, there is some common sense from an outside source. I fully agree with goodnightfl on his take of the team. To me, the DARKSIDE is weak right now. They dont have any thing to bring to the table right now, so they are reaching. Lets be honest here, C-USA has been the toughest as it has been during these past two to three years. For anyone to say otherwise is just lying or not knowing how bad C-USA was at one point. And yes Mark, that was during Seth's era. Seth couldnt win a weak national division in C-USA against bad teams such as Clyde the so-called coach for Houston. Against, a weak UAB team. A weak USM team. A weak Tulane team. The only competition we had in the national was Memphis, and Seth could not beat them even when Memphis had to rebuild. Lets face it, Seth would not be doing much better at USF right now if he would have toughen it out with USF.

Nothing to bring to the table??  Hmmmm....how bout an 18 point embarrasment to Houston.  But wait, we scored 20 points in the first half of this game as opposed to 12 vs. STL.  

Sure MC will get his 3-4 years, we have no choice.  My piont since this thing started is that this is NOT the right man for the job, it was NOT a given that we were going into the BE when he was hired, and the administration now has no choice but to sit back and wait for this guy's contract to run out before being able to get a coach who can put a competetive product on the floor.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

But wait, we scored 20 points in the first half of this game as opposed to 12 vs. STL.  

Whew! And we topped the painful record low of 36 in a game the Bulls managed against Marquette in 1997.  I guess that shows an ability to coach out of a mess instead of remaining mired in one.

This message provided courtesy of Bulliever and is intended for use by those who still love Sheriff's daddy as much as he does,  and feel compelled to draw constant comparisons between today's situation and Seth's similar level of success mediocrity.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Nothing to bring to the table??  Hmmmm....how bout an 18 point embarrasment to Houston.  But wait, we scored 20 points in the first half of this game as opposed to 12 vs. STL.

circlej.gif