• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DarkSide failed today!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,465
  • Days Won:  43

The DARKSIDE gets an order to shut the F!!! UP!!! today from USF. I am still waiting to read on how bad the coach is after that hard loss to UL. Bryant, Swift, Dennis, and company played with heart today dispite the loss. This was a character game for USF and McCullum. To me, this is what I was looking for after the STL debacle. Remember, the goal is to make the C-USA tourny this season. Anything else will be a bad season IMO. Right now, I am cheering for Marq to win tonight. We have to have TULANE, So Miss, and ECU lose. If USF gets two more wins then I think we are in. I think we can upset Houston this Wed. Revenge will be a Mother F'er for us.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

When did the NCAAs or even NIT get replaced by the C-DOA tournament  as the end-all-be-all for USF Hoops?

Since Seth ripped our program apart. Look at what we had last year because of the former coach.  USF is better this season than last year IMO. Dont let a bad loss to STL cloud your mind. STL might win tonight if they play that slowed down game. Right now USF needs scorers to make a difference. Our defense has been pretty **** good with the size that we have. Just wait until McCULLUM gets his players into the program. 2 years is not enough time.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Since Seth ripped our program apart. Look at what we had last year because of the former coach.  USF is better this season than last year IMO. Dont let a bad loss to STL cloud your mind. STL might win tonight if they play that slowed down game. Right now USF needs scorers to make a difference. Our defense has been pretty **** good with the size that we have. Just wait until McCULLUM gets his players into the program. 2 years is not enough time.

CRM's recruiting is not going to suddenly improve, especially with the year we are having. He just doesn't strike me as the salesman we need to sell kids on coming to USF.

It really doesn't matter what we say b/c as Omni has pointed out countless times, we are not going to buy out his contract. However at the end of year three with what promises to be a terrible inaugural season in the BE and yet another bad recruiting class Coach Woolard is going to have an easy decision if he is serious about playing to win in the BE.

BTW....regarding more time for CRM....how much time do we give him. The BE in it's current form may not be together past 2010. If it's takes USF 4 to 5 years just to be respectable we may not be included in the next realignment.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923

Bulls moving in the right direction, give CRM a couple of more years to recruit more talent and the Bulls will be winning twenty games a year.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,056
  • Days Won:  469

a loss is a loss

Chalk up another loss for USF

I wonder if all those that do not see improvement amongst the losses under Coach McCullum ever saw the degradation of the program amongst the wins of Coach Greenberg.  Can we be honest and say we saw the wheels coming off about 4 years ago?  Recruiting began to suffer, players were running the show, fans stopped attending - all setting the stage for what you see now - a metamorphosis of USF basketball.  I wish patience were a little more abundant as a true "rebuilding" is underway.

Cyber,

At least two more years to show what he can do. Any fan with a grip on reality can see that it will take at least 4 years to get USF to being respectable again. Seth was a nice guy, but you have to honest that our recruiting feel off during his last two years at USF. It was time for a change, and it was a good thing Seth finally left USF. I keep hearing BEASTIE and MARKY bringing up SETH's so-called success at USF. Well, I want more success than some underacheiving team that flops and backs into the NIT only to lose to Ball ST. ****, I thought all of us USF fans wanted change (except Sheriff)) at the time. Now, USF has a new era with Coach McCullum, and I am not going to be sold that he is a failure because of a bad loss to STL. Reality will tell you that we got hit the death blow before the season started with the bad news for Mosley (one of our best offensive players). Anyway, I love a loss like this because it gives the DARKSIDE no ammo to use. If you watch how hard Bryant played, you would realise that McCullum has not loss this team right now. I am not so sure how our team would have responded if Seth was still at the helm. Now, I am going to get some crap from you for bringing his name into this, but I really dont care because all this negative crap about the basketball program needs to stop right now.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Good point Bulliever!