• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DarkSide failed today!!!!

Guest Turkey Shizzler

did any of the blind optimists notice that three seniors not recruited by mr. mccullum scored 44 of our 57 points against UL? that mr. mccullum's recruits made 5 out of their 19 shots and scored 14 points. all of his recruits combined.

louisville was coming off a 30 point loss at home, so i wouldn't get too excited about how we played. it was nice to not play as horribly as we did against st louis though. good effort by our seniors,

Our RPI is 220. That is good for ninth in the state of florida. we are behind such powerhouses as famu, fau, fui and ju. now that, brahman_bull2K, is worth cursing about.

marlyn bryant is such a classy, gritty hard nosed kid that he would play hard for any coach. using him as your gauge for how hard the team is playing is worthless because he is always playing hard.

give mr. mccullum a third season out of fairness (because every coach deserves at least three seasons) and then - please mr. woolard - do everyone a favor and bring in someone who can recruit and who has a little charisma. spend next season scouring the country for that guy. find him, he is out there.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

By put your money where your mouth is... does that mean you are going to give extra money to USF athletics?

gambling doesn't help the situation... donate that money to USF and maybe others follow suit and you might get the big name coach you desire down the road sometime.

"Money where my mouth is" is a figure of speech.  Allocate the money however or wherever you want.  Donate it to the board.  I don't care.  

BTW comparing the MAC and the BE is like comparing apples and oranges.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

I EXPECT the seniors to lead the team in scoring they have been at USF for FOUR years and should be the main contributors. As for the RPI rankings i noticed you dint go and use the cbssportsline rpi rankings those have USF at 181 and FAMU 262,FAU 238,FIU 221 and JU 241.

If you really think those teams are ahead of USF then you must really be on some trip. Guess you forgot we BEAT FIU CRUSHED Stetson. Those teams play in the ASUN and Mid American do you really believe that USF wouldnt have a BETTER record if we played in those leagues?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Our RPI is 220. That is good for ninth in the state of florida. we are behind such powerhouses as famu, fau, fui and ju. now that, brahman_bull2K, is worth cursing about.

Link? These 2 have us at a rating 169 and 189 respectively. Still not good .............

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/bkc0405.htm

http://teamrankings.com/ncb/

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Pla..eeez!  Come on!  Drop the RPI crap.  I can confidently state that, "USF men's basketbball is the No. 4 team in the state."  And anyone with the slightest bit of BB knowledge would agree.  It would not surprise me if our team could beat the GK'rs by 10 in O'town.  Our Bulls are not world beaters but they are definitely not Savannah State either.  Quit being a doom n gloomer and let's be a little realistic about it.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Collegerpi.com has USF at #221. That site most closely mimics the official NCAA rpi which does not reveal their exact formula. A lot of sites are coming out with their own "rpi" which is just their own formula and should not be used to predict the NCAA tournament selections.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Collegerpi.com has USF at #221. That site most closely mimics the official NCAA rpi which does not reveal their exact formula. A lot of sites are coming out with their own "rpi" which is just their own formula and should not be used to predict the NCAA tournament selections.

Thanks for that site, Mm, but here's the actual NCAA RPI's and they've got USF at 185. Apparently yours' and Turkey's site (#220) doesn't mimc it in all cases ........... btw, 185 still sucks but not as bad as 220.

http://teamrankings.com/ncb/8powerratings.php3

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

RPI is only a moderately good indicator of a teams play...

example...

you coudl play duke 28 times and lose to them by 1 pt every time and have a HORRIBLE RPI, but play savannah state 28 times win by 1 every time to the worst team in the history of NCAA basketball... and have an incredible rpi.

that said... the difference between 185 and 220 is basically nothing, and the same goes for 140 and 185.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Thanks for that site, Mm, but here's the actual NCAA RPI's and they've got USF at 185.

The NCAA does not release their actual RPI Triple, you obviously don't have a clue.

The site you referenced says the following:

RPI Ratings are (approximately) those used by the NCAA to determine teams and seedings for the NCAA Tournament.

...To the best of my knowledge, the NCAA does not use my rankings in their seeding process

So he even admits it's only an approximation.

The site I referenced is the closest predictor of the official rpi (which is used as a tool by the tournament selection committee) that I know of.

FWIW, I don't disagree that the RPI is not the best indicator of a team's strength. However, it's notable that USF's RPI in the last two years is lower than at any point since the mid 1990's.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

well of course it is lower... we have less wins... but that doesn't mean we are not improving.