• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF raises season ticket prices

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

USF raises price of season tickets

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published February 12, 2005

TAMPA - Call it five for the price of six.

USF season-ticket holders were mailed renewal forms this week and now know the cost for the five 2005 home games is the amount they paid for six in '04.

"Next year is our best home schedule ever," said Tom Veit, USF's associate athletic director for marketing. "We're in the Big East now. So the product warrants it, and we still think we're the best-priced value in the market."

USF's Big East debut includes home games against Cincinnati, Louisville and West Virginia. It also will host Florida A&M on Sept. 10 and Central Florida on Sept.17.

It amounts to a 20 percent increase per game, though three sections in Raymond James Stadium's south end zone will be kept at $20 per game and offered as a $99 season package.

Season tickets range from $120-$160 with the most expensive seat $32. Veit said USF's median ticket price is the fifth highest among the eight football programs in the Big East.

Despite going 4-7, their first losing record since the inaugural season in 1997, the Bulls are optimistic that moving into a Bowl Championship Series conference will help expand their season-ticket base, which was about 15,700 last season.

The Bulls averaged an announced 27,060 last season, though the actual attendance was significantly less.

USF's season opener against Pittsburgh was postponed until December by the threat of Hurricane Frances, and the attendance also was limited by two late-season 11 a.m. kickoffs to accommodate national TV broadcasts on ESPN2.

USF has been active in signing deals to bring BCS conference opponents to Tampa, with Miami coming in 2006 and North Carolina in 2007.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/02/12/Sports/USF_raises_price_of_s.shtml

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

You all knew this was comin'!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

so? It's only money...it's not like they're gonna stop printing it any time soon.  8)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Are these the single game prices too?  So, except for the south end zone, $20 tickets are going to $24 and $24 tickets to $32?  I think $32 may be over the max a casual fan will pay.  It might be time to have different prices for different opponents like other schools do.  WVU and UL should be the new prices with Cincy, FAMU and UCF at the old prices.  I fear this was too much of an increase given last year's product and sales.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care about the increase... i'm not stopping buying the tickets... i'd be kicking myself if i stopped because i'd never be able to get my current seats again.  

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

I don't care about the increase... i'm not stopping buying the tickets... i'd be kicking myself if i stopped because i'd never be able to get my current seats again.  

you are not the question mark

it is the "casual" fan and new season ticket subs they have to worry about.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266

If you do different prices for different games then you arent selling your product you are selling the opponent I would rather people come to see us play not the opponent.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

If you do different prices for different games then you arent selling your product you are selling the opponent I would rather people come to see us play not the opponent.

tell that to the cubs

they charge premium prices for weekends and other key match-ups

part of the product you are selling is the opponent.

why do you think the turnout is higher for some games than others....part is because of how the bulls are playing and part is the opponent.

when it is a better opponent people will be willing to pay more $$$$ so why not charge it for those games and charge slightly less for lesser opponents?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

If what I've read can be believed, the top drawing game may be FAMU.  I agree that $32 may be too much for the casual fan, especially if the game is televised locally.  I'm just happy that the donations are for a block of seats and not per seat like at some other schools.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

That being the case, were the Oklahoma, Arkansas, Alabama games - with us as OOC/tune-up opponents - less than a regular SEC / Big 12 game ticket? Just wondering....

If you'll recall, USF generally has some sort of promotion going on for the IAA games anyway.  8)