• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Detailed Sun Dome Drawings

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Anyone knowing if they are cleaning and redoing the roof at least? No mention in the plans.

Pretty sure that is happening. The entire outside of the building is being repainted. I think they are keeping the same brown/tan color scheme as the rest of the new facilities.

Just looking over it quickly, didn't see anything specifically pertaining to the roof itself but hope something is being done to it .... paint in line with the rest, preferably.

One thing I did notice is that the 4 lower sections across from the benches are now "Club Seating". That means, to me anyway, that the no-showing, cheap, grandfathered in bastards are going to be in for a surprise ....... hopefully.

Looks ******* awesome, btw ..... :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

One thing I noticed in the drawings is that that the court is oriented opposite of how we have normally done it. Looks like the team benches will now be on the south side.

Make sense with where the Muma Center is

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Seating for 10176 for games.

2-3,000 too big

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

2-3,000 too big

For USF basketball....yes. If they also plan to snag some smaller events from the Forum, this capacity is ideal.

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

2-3,000 too big

Not for events. The Sun Dome may end up as the best concert venue in the area for larger shows. The Forum is larger, but the acoustics in the Sun Dome are better since they got rid of the inflatable roof. Now the seating, restrooms, and concessions are all massively upgraded. I expect USF to draw more midlevel music events to campus now. Plenty of parking in the area. Great venue for events. That's the reason the upgrades happened anyways. Basketball could never pay for them, not yet.

I think the hope is with the renovation of The Sun Dome and the addition of the Muma Center that we can now draw better prospects. The Big East will continue to be a formidable basketball conference going forward and I think we've seen how the new facilities have helped UCF basketball (and they did just knock of UConn recently).

I'm excited to see what'll happen next year. Coach Heath will have had his two best recruiting classes. We'll have new facilities across the board. USF just needs to market the team and get people to see the product, even if they open up The Sun Dome for free for several crucial games to get the community involved. It's going to take some work to get people excited about basketball in Tampa Bay.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

USF did a really terrible job with the new dome...

They should have had a big exciting announcement to get the fans involed ... then consistently provide fans with updates, pictures etc....

Look at Tulane with there stadium.... poor execution

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

2-3,000 too big

Not for events. The Sun Dome may end up as the best concert venue in the area for larger shows. The Forum is larger, but the acoustics in the Sun Dome are better since they got rid of the inflatable roof. Now the seating, restrooms, and concessions are all massively upgraded. I expect USF to draw more midlevel music events to campus now. Plenty of parking in the area. Great venue for events. That's the reason the upgrades happened anyways. Basketball could never pay for them, not yet.

I think the hope is with the renovation of The Sun Dome and the addition of the Muma Center that we can now draw better prospects. The Big East will continue to be a formidable basketball conference going forward and I think we've seen how the new facilities have helped UCF basketball (and they did just knock of UConn recently).

I'm excited to see what'll happen next year. Coach Heath will have had his two best recruiting classes. We'll have new facilities across the board. USF just needs to market the team and get people to see the product, even if they open up The Sun Dome for free for several crucial games to get the community involved. It's going to take some work to get people excited about basketball in Tampa Bay.

Now we just need to hire a priest and shaman to preform an exorcism in the building, then we'll be set.

• Content Count:  445

They should have had a big exciting announcement to get the fans involed ... then consistently provide fans with updates, pictures etc....

You have been around long enough. You know USF athletics does not do any marketing.

USF Athletics does not market anything ever. Something I will never understand.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

You have been around long enough. You know USF athletics does not do any marketing.

The 1 time they did market was that horrid slogan "Holtz new era." We see how that is working out.

• Content Count:  445

The 1 time they did market was that horrid slogan "Holtz new era." We see how that is working out.

We all know how much Doug Funny cares about USF athletics.

Tulane can build a new stadium on campus, but USF can't find a way to do it????

Why not go into debt now (already are anyway with other upgrades) instead of being passed by year after year.

What is your recruiting advantage? Playing early? Kids don't care about that anymore.

A Kid would rather sit three years at a school like Arkansas or Clemson then start four years here and be a the IT guy every year...ouch.

Funny what happens when you market your program coupled with a good head coach. Hey Funny, look at San Diego State Basketball and copy it please.

And yes lol. It has been a HoltZ new era of Bull ****.

Archived