• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemson and USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Is it possible for us to look at the 2010 season for Clemson and equate it to USF's 2011 campaign?

Both squads were said to have "goo" teams and both failed miserably, according to expectations - although they did make a bowl only to lose it.

Both squads had underachieving players and the coaches on both teams were questioned by the fans as being "not the right choice."

Both were "a few plays away" from having an entirely different season.

Both teams will return virtually the same players.

Clemson and Dabo Sweeny seem to be doing pretty well this year...is it possible the same could happen for us and that we needed this kick in the face to get us to reevaluate and refocus for 2012?

Dabo Swinney was getting fired if he didn't do anything so...............he replaced his OC and running back coach in last years offseason. That's the difference between Clemson last year and this year. Massive shake up in coaching following Clemson's first losing season since 1998. Skip needs to do the same here. Our 4th quarter failures on defense and our very poor offensive games tell me that both the OC and DC should be worried about their jobs...........that is if Skip is going to actually make some changes to win next year. The Clemson AD demanded that Swinney make some moves and some moves were made. Can we expect the same from Woolard. Don't hold your breath :mellow:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I think the only similarity between the two is that we've underachieved this year, much like their fanbase thought they did last year. Comparison probably ends there because their fanbase knocks ours right out of the stratosphere, and the school has some duckets in the coffers.

Yep. Clemson can have a year like they had last year here and there, and they won't suffer like we might. That tiger paw logo does carry a lot of water in the Southeast, they'll still get their playmakers and they have extremely loyal donors and fans. Just the difference between a school with tradition and ours.

I think everyone is vastly overestimating the "suffering" USF will face because of this season.

GaUSFBull is a doom and gloomer and has been for most of the season.

apparently a significant portion of our fanbase believes our program will collapse and die like River Phoenix if we don't win at least 9 games every year.

:rolleyes:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I think the only similarity between the two is that we've underachieved this year, much like their fanbase thought they did last year. Comparison probably ends there because their fanbase knocks ours right out of the stratosphere, and the school has some duckets in the coffers.

Yep. Clemson can have a year like they had last year here and there, and they won't suffer like we might. That tiger paw logo does carry a lot of water in the Southeast, they'll still get their playmakers and they have extremely loyal donors and fans. Just the difference between a school with tradition and ours.

I think everyone is vastly overestimating the "suffering" USF will face because of this season.

apparently a significant portion of our fanbase believes our program will collapse and die like River Phoenix if we don't win at least 9 games every year.

River Phoenix is dead??

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

With a 5-7 season, 1-6 in conference, no new conference prospects and valuable recruits dropping us like we're not hot, I'd say a little doom and gloom is justified. But I hope I don't get in the way of you having a bright and sunshiny day.

When there's something to be positive about, I'm positive. See the thread I started on Evan Landi for example. When I see stuff to be negative about, I'll say something. Just calling it like I see it. If you don't like it, don't read it or just keep on truckin along, sport.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

The comparison is fair. I think the talent is there. I think next year has the potential to be a good one. If it's not, then I call for open revolt.

don't we say this every year, brian? lol

it's like we're in an abusive relationship and we keep coming back for more!

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

With a 5-7 season, 1-6 in conference, no new conference prospects and valuable recruits dropping us like we're not hot, I'd say a little doom and gloom is justified. But I hope I don't get in the way of you having a bright and sunshiny day.

Yes, blame Skip Holtz and Co. for the lack of conference prospectus. You're not coming off a "a little doom and gloom," you're coming off as, "the end of the world is neigh."

you're coming off as, "the end of the world is neigh."

pd1819451.jpg

=

tumblr_lmth7qW0Sh1qacmz1o1_500.jpg

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

valuable recruits dropping us like we're not hot, I'd say a little doom and gloom is justified.

missed the Dvo thread, eh? 4-star recruits committing like it's hot ;)

valuable recruits dropping us like we're not hot, I'd say a little doom and gloom is justified.

missed the Dvo thread, eh? 4-star recruits committing like it's hot ;)

By God, there is a little bit of light coming through somewhere! But to be fair, I was gloomy and doomy before the D'vo thread was posted, so I didn't miss anything. :)

Archived