• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Crazy Unpredictability of USF football in 2011

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It has been nothing if not interesting. Opened the season with a big win at Notre Dame and despite some underlying issues that look like they can get worked out during the cupcake schedule, looks like the sky is the limit for these Bulls.

Cupcake schedule comes along, and we get through that relatively easy, few mistakes in the UTEP game that make it a little closer than it should be for a bit, but we take care of business.

Then BE play comes along and we feel the program go *THUD* like never before ...

It was so much the losses themselves as it was the reasons for the losses, and how we lost the games.

Every single aspect of the team - offense, defense and special teams - can be blamed for at least one loss this year. It's mostly been defense, imo, with the offense mostly playing well enough to keep us in the game. Coaching has played a big role too, clock management and substitutions have made our team look like anything other than a BCS conference team.

Tonight, though, out of all the parts of the team, the defense played the best. It caused turnovers, it made plays against WVU's speedy receivers - it even shut out WVU's big time offense from the end zone until late in the 4th quarter. I never would have guessed that that would happen.

Then you get a huge penalty on arguably our most highly-rated recruit ever that gives new life to the 'Eers, and then BJ, he who has been Mr. Reliable most of the year in protection of the ball - fumbles w/ 3 minutes to go and gives them the ball back.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, at least it has never been so bad to turn me away from watching. The commentators tonight constantly pointed out how young our team is. Hopefully they'll learn from this and we'll be able to turn this thing around in 2012.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I appreciate your effort in a thoughtful post, however the only thought I have the heart to muster together at this point is: we're predictably unpredictable. Like. Every. Year.

Of course, my brain is happier that we show signs of greatness instead of getting completely run over. Unfortunately, my heart doesn't agree. It's so much tougher to lose like we have.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Don't find this season unpredictable at all. It was the same thing game after game. Blow a 4th qtr. lead and lose. Simple

Don't find this season unpredictable at all. It was the same thing game after game. Blow a 4th qtr. lead and lose. Simple

It's just unpredictable in how we lost, and the reasons why. But feel free to keep it simple if you'd like. :) Hopefully the coaches won't and they'll analyze the losses in far greater detail than any of us have, including genuine introspection.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

It's just unpredictable in how we lost, and the reasons why. But feel free to keep it simple if you'd like. :) Hopefully the coaches won't and they'll analyze the losses in far greater detail than any of us have, including genuine introspection.

Wait you think we have a Coach?

You must have missed the memo, we fired that guy two years ago.

fuhbull, we get it, you don't like Holtz, you want him gone. Unless he leaves of his own accord, please prepare to be extremely disappointed.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Unpredictable? Are you insane? It was all to PREDICTABLE and all to correctable but this staff decided they wanted to be PREDICTABLE and do the same thing over and over, game after game. They expected different results, so they must be insane as well.

• Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Wait you think we have a Coach?

You must have missed the memo, we fired that guy two years ago.

You mean the guy that suffered from the same sort of problems we are suffering from now?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Unpredictable? Are you insane? It was all to PREDICTABLE and all to correctable but this staff decided they wanted to be PREDICTABLE and do the same thing over and over, game after game. They expected different results, so they must be insane as well.

wait a minute was that a fade to griffin? deja vu

Man, it's too bad some people don't know how to read OPs.

Archived