• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What kills me on the 4th and shorts....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Did you see their pass routes. 8, 10, 15 yards down the field. Ours were 1, 3, and 5 yards down the field. Yes, the game was played close to the vest, but ours was not played with winning in mind.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

For those that wanted him to go for it, they don't understand the chess match that was going on Saturday. A botched 4th down attempt may have swung momentum in their way. Yes it could have swung it our way, but our defense was playing well. They kept stuffing us on short down and distance.

I think we all understand the chess match that was going on. There does come a point in time in a chess game where you have to make a bold move.

I think using a QB sneak with a 6'5" Eveld playing QB could have gained the 1 yard we needed.

The times Miami was stuffing our 3rd and short plays were when we were trying to go outside instead of pounding the ball up the middle.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Or you can try to fake it and take the 5 yard penalty before punting without wasting a time out.

This ^^^^^

I'll go one step further-- have a play where you at first try to draw them offside-- then when you realize you will need to punt, have the entire line fire off and plow into the defenders while the center doesn't move a muscle. We get a five yard penalty and the opportunity to punish the defense all while not losing a dang thing really

• Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

I think our players would respond to some risky plays, like 4th and 1. Skip needs to keep in mind that the defense will get tired at the end of the game with all the three and outs. Also, our team plays better on a short field. Most of the time we bend and don't break anyways, so why make the other team drive 80 yards for a field goal instead of 30???? I really think Skip blew some chances to go for it on 4th and short and wasted timeouts at the end. Call a timeout to rest the defense if nothing else!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I think our players would respond to some risky plays, like 4th and 1. Skip needs to keep in mind that the defense will get tired at the end of the game with all the three and outs. Also, our team plays better on a short field. Most of the time we bend and don't break anyways, so why make the other team drive 80 yards for a field goal instead of 30???? I really think Skip blew some chances to go for it on 4th and short and wasted timeouts at the end. Call a timeout to rest the defense if nothing else!!!!!!

a timeout also serves to break up the other teams momentum and let's our guys see the next formation if taken right before the snap.;

Archived