• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holtz is our

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I agree things haven't gone well, but it's not like we've been getting out **** kicked. Give it a year or two if it doesn't improve then things have to change.

that almost makes it worse for me. good coaches find a way to win close games. holtz has been less than spectacular in closing out games.

if we were getting blown out and we were rebuilding i could accept that he needs more time. I just think we are too talented, as far as the big east is concerned, to not be competitive.

Mack brown. Urban Meyer. Struggled to close games last year...they must not be good coaches...

And we've been competitive in the Big East. Three games lost in the last minute. Doesn't get much more competitive than that. We've just been on the wrong side of the scoreboard

mack brown isn't a good coach he just happens to coach one of the best programs around. he has done way less with more talent then most. urban meyer would have won another national championship if cam newton didn't buy a stolen laptop. urban meyer turned 3 different programs into legit top 25 teams within his 2nd year. he proves that a good coach can have success immediately.

Dude. Do you know ANYTHING about Mack Brown? Obviously not.

yeah he had a decent run at UNC and parlayed that into the texas job.

he never won the ACC while at UNC and he has won the big 12 championship twice in 12 years. I believe stoops has won it 6 or 7 times. he has easily had some of the best talent in that conference and can't seem to finish.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mack brown isn't a good coach he just happens to coach one of the best programs around. he has done way less with more talent then most. urban meyer would have won another national championship if cam newton didn't buy a stolen laptop. urban meyer turned 3 different programs into legit top 25 teams within his 2nd year. he proves that a good coach can have success immediately.

That proves he took over teams with lots of talent and left before his horrible recruiting became obvious.

He didn't leave Florida for his health or family. If he had, he wouldn't be taking the Ohio State job.

if cam newton didn't steal a laptop, urban meyer would have won 3 national championships.

you are crazy if you think he walked into perfect jobs. he won 2 conference champs while at utah in 2 years, went undefeated and won the fiesta bowl and finished top 5. he recruited what could be considered one of the best college QBs, and the first sophomore heisman winner, and won 2 NC with him.

they hadn't won an outright conference title since 1957 before urban meyer.

we will go bowling...

we just need to realize how much of a falacy this team was... finishing strong last year blew up the expectations... we will go nowhere until we can get a quarterback.

who do you need? andrew luck? BTW BJ ranks 6 spots ahead of him for total yards. I hate the QB excuse. UofL is winning with a true freshman. hell rutgers and uconn both trotted out stiffs against us. same with pitt only we made him look legit.

we have the #1 rushing offense in the BE. our lousy QB is the 4th best runner in this league and that includes running backs. hell he is #2 in passing yards. that is against BE competition.

I'm so tired of people with the QB excuse.

You just posted about Andrew luck and BJD in the same post...

yeah you keep stating skip needs a QB. he has one that is 2nd in passing in this conference and is 4th in rushing. you must think skip needs a NFL ready QB in order to succeed.

we have the #1 rushing offense.

we have the #2 passing offense.

he can't win with those then a QB,unless it's a game changer like Tebow, are not going to make the difference.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree things haven't gone well, but it's not like we've been getting out **** kicked. Give it a year or two if it doesn't improve then things have to change.

that almost makes it worse for me. good coaches find a way to win close games. holtz has been less than spectacular in closing out games.

if we were getting blown out and we were rebuilding i could accept that he needs more time. I just think we are too talented, as far as the big east is concerned, to not be competitive.

Mack brown. Urban Meyer. Struggled to close games last year...they must not be good coaches...

And we've been competitive in the Big East. Three games lost in the last minute. Doesn't get much more competitive than that. We've just been on the wrong side of the scoreboard

he never won the ACC while at UNC and he has won the big 12 championship twice in 12 years. I believe stoops has won it 6 or 7 times. he has easily had some of the best talent in that conference and can't seem to finish.

Look at the success of North Carolina before and after Mack Brown. And look at what Texas was before Mack Brown got there before you go making idiotic statements like Mack Brown is overrated.

He's got one title, might have had two had his all world QB hadn't gone down.

He's got a great gig at Texas, but they were **** before Mack Brown came in and reinvigorated the program.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

BTW we are not 1/3 of the way through this year. we have 2 games left. we are 5/6ths of the way through.

because people just now started calling for Holtz' job? LOL. c'mon son. there were people who pounced on him DURING the Pitt game...

(awaiting the "but 4 1/2 games out of 12 isn't 1/3!!!!1!!" retort)

Look at the success of North Carolina before and after Mack Brown. And look at what Texas was before Mack Brown got there before you go making idiotic statements like Mack Brown is overrated.

He's got a great gig at Texas, but they were **** before Mack Brown came in and reinvigorated the program.

he's not the best coach in that league. hell he's not even the best coach in that state.

he is coaching at the most financially successful program in the country located in what could be considered the best football recruiting state in the country.

when they made a commitment to winning they could have brought in just about anybody and he would have been successful.

I can list a number of coaches with better past accomplishments and a lot of coaches i would rather have coach my program.

BTW we are not 1/3 of the way through this year. we have 2 games left. we are 5/6ths of the way through.

because people just now started calling for Holtz' job? LOL. c'mon son. there were people who pounced on him DURING the Pitt game...

(awaiting the "but 4 1/2 games out of 12 isn't 1/3!!!!1!!" retort)

who wanted holtz fired after the pitt game? who is really even calling for him to be fired now? he is losing his luster. and why is a 15 year old girl who uses LOL calling me son?

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

why is a 15 year old girl who uses LOL calling me son?

when u get mad u lose the debate.

u-mad___camron.jpg

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

he's not the best coach in that league. hell he's not even the best coach in that state.

he is coaching at the most financially successful program in the country located in what could be considered the best football recruiting state in the country.

when they made a commitment to winning they could have brought in just about anybody and he would have been successful.

I can list a number of coaches with better past accomplishments and a lot of coaches i would rather have coach my program.

Are there better coaches? Yes.

But Mack Brown won at UNC, no on ehas done it since he's left. And despite your "Texas commitment to winning" idiocy, which is unfounded and dumb. Like your argument.

I'm done arguing with you. You're an idiot.

Are there better coaches? Yes.

But Mack Brown won at UNC, no on ehas done it since he's left. And despite your "Texas commitment to winning" idiocy, which is unfounded and dumb. Like your argument.

I'm done arguing with you. You're an idiot.

very mature of you.

the guy has won 2 conference titles since 1988. that's 2 in 23 years. hardly screams success.

Archived