• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At 5-5, it isn't too early. So, how about next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I look at our next season, and we have the potential to be good. Granted, we had the potential this year. But look at what we lose:

-2 Defensive line-man. Hampton and McCaskil. With Elkino getting another full year to develop, and keeping Giddens and Forte I really don't think we take a step back at all. I think we may even be better next year.

-2 DB's, Jerrell Young, and Quentin Washington. Young has played well, however, Washington sucks. He looked bad today, and I think Jacquez Jenkins is as good as Q just a few years behind mentally. And Mark Joyce looked very good today on the snaps he was in.

So that is 4 defensive starts, while we return our entire LB crew.

-2 O-Lineman, Chaz Hine and Jerimiah Warren. Probably going to be our biggest loss. Our line hasn't been great this year, but it has been solid. I'm not looking to see any improvement going into next season.

That's it. For our skill guys, it's just AJ Love and Miller. Miller has seen very little action, and I think I heard Love's name more last year. Keeping guys like BJ Daniels, Victor Marc, Deonte Welch, Andre Davis and getting Dunkley into action will really help our offense thrive. An offense which has looked pretty solid for most of the year. Defensively, we look very talented, and very fast.

After that loss, I just want to think positively, and I think looking at next year we could be good. Now, I know coaching has sucked, but I really do think we see a major improvement next year. what do you guys think?

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

I get you have to play with the cards you were dealt, but i think skip holtz and the gang trying to make bj daniels more of a pocket passer backfired on them. i thought it was a good idea until i started to realize that he cannot be a pocket passer. i wish the offense was designed more like WVU's offense with pat white, because i think BJ has the athleticism to do just that. hell, even something like oregon has. lord knows we have the speed on the outside with our WRs, RB's and QB to make it happen. we may not have the o-line beef, but those teams are built with undersized/athletic OL's.

• Content Count:  1,219
  • Days Won:  0

Early season hope only to be dashed, you know the drill.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

two o-linemen are the only major losses imo, though hear some good things about Reiter and McGhin.......Jerrell Young has played soft all year Joyce will be an upgrade there, Hampton should not be a starter, McCaskill has actually played really well but

Watson is more naturally gifted, would like to get back Todd Chandler too..............also really looking forward to S Griffin, A Davis, and C Dunkley in lineup together-wow

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Offense will still be inept and defense will again be mediocre. We will beat FSU, and then collapse again in Big East play.

#17 total offense. #37 total defense.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Offense will still be inept and defense will again be mediocre. We will beat FSU, and then collapse again in Big East play.

5-5.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5-5.

that's on play calling. offense moves the ball but can't score. defense limits yards but gives up points in last 2 minutes.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

5-5.

that's on play calling. offense moves the ball but can't score. defense limits yards but gives up points in last 2 minutes.

So play calling has nothing to do with being #17 on offense? Your argument doesn't add up. And #37 ranked defense is exactly as I said it is, mediocre.

Archived