• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip to UNC was making the airwaves this morning...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Holtz on UNC opening: 'I have a great job'

USF football coach Skip Holtz, whose name has been mentioned as a target for the opening at North Carolina, addressed that speculation Monday, saying he hasn't talked to anyone from UNC and is focused on getting his team to wins in its next two games.

"I have not talked to anybody. It's this time of year when speculation goes on everywhere, who's going to take what job," Holtz said. "I have not talked to anybody about the North Carolina job. I've got my head in my dungeon here, trying to do what we have to do to find a way to win. I think we have that obligation to the senior class and to the underclassmen as we're trying to build a program. I'm excited about what we're building here, excited about the progress we're making, excited about the team I'm coaching here."

Asked if he would always listen to offers from other schools -- new UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham has been a good friend of Holtz's since the two were classmates at Notre Dame 25 years ago -- Holtz didn't specifically deny anything, but made his current focus clear.

"I'm not looking to go interview all over the country. I was offered a couple of jobs last year," Holtz said. "It's not a fanfare thing. It's not an advertising thing. It's flattering your name is mentioned. I have a great job. I have one that I chose to be here two years ago. This was a choice I made. It's where I want to be, it's what we're trying to build here, what we're trying to develop here. Right now, I'm going to do everything I can to find a way to get these last two wins. That's where my focus is, that's where my concentration is, that's where my efforts are going right now."

http://www.tampabay....-have-great-job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Why would UNC want a losing coach?

Until Skip turns this team around he will not be attractive to any major / mid-major program... this should be the least of our worries.

Skip is 13-10 with USF. he is 85-60 overall as an HC. even if we lose out, he will still not be 1) a "losing coach" at USF or 2) a "losing coach" overall.

sometimes i wonder WTF you're talking about.

• Downvote 1

This rumor is all over the place. SB Nation, Scouts, etc. If Skip doesn't squash this rumor (if he truly intends on staying put), then he should give creedance and say thanks, but no thanks. It is obviously effecting our recruiting, i.e. Chris Dunkley.

uhh, what? Chris Dunkley is not a recruit. he's a transfer and already joined USF back in May. where do u people come up with this stuff?

• Downvote 1

This rumor is all over the place. SB Nation, Scouts, etc. If Skip doesn't squash this rumor (if he truly intends on staying put), then he should give creedance and say thanks, but no thanks. It is obviously effecting our recruiting, i.e. Chris Dunkley.

uhh, what? Chris Dunkley is not a recruit. he's a transfer and already joined USF back in May. where do u people come up with this stuff?

Probably Twitter .... the chosen tool of Lucifer.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

You are right he is a transfer, but must sit out a year. However, if you think potential recruits or verbal commits are not watching closely as to what is going on here you are mistaken. Although I think it would be a poor move, Dunkley can decide to go elsewhere as well. The point of my post was that Skip needs to quash the rumor, which he "kind of" did in the article posted above.

Some of the comments that come from you are inappropriate (not in this particular instance), but I guess that is to be expected...look at your profile picture.

You are right he is a transfer, but must sit out a year. However, if you think potential recruits or verbal commits are not watching closely as to what is going on here you are mistaken. Although I think it would be a poor move, Dunkley can decide to go elsewhere as well. The point of my post was that Skip needs to quash the rumor, which he "kind of" did in the article posted above.

Some of the comments that come from you are inappropriate (not in this particular instance), but I guess that is to be expected...look at your profile picture.

of course recruits are looking at what's happening here. recruits look at what happens at EVERY school they're interested in. if they are serious about signing with a school they are going to get word straight from the coach's mouth, not from Twitter, not from Scout, not from Rivals, not from talk radio or any of the other rumor mills that get it wrong 95% of the time but make a name for themselves off the other 5% when they get lucky and get it right. any recruit who makes decisions about his football and academic career based on internet rumor mills is not a bright recruit.

that said, u named a specific player and made a specific claim about how the rumor mill is affecting them, with absolutely NO credible source whatsoever... then u backtracked. maybe in the future it would be a better idea to simply not make baseless comments. it serves no purpose. now if u DO, by chance, have some "inside scoop" with a credible source demonstrating that current USF student-athletes are considering transferring based on Tweets or Scout, by all means share. otherwise it's a waste of bandwidth.

as for some of my comments being "inappropriate." LOL. if i haven't made an "inappropriate" in this thread why bring it up in this thread? if something crosses the line, there are more than enough moderators on this forum to handle it. one of them will most likely see it, and if they don't, feel free to message them next time your feelings get hurt.

good day, sir. i said GOOD DAY.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Game on:

November 21st, 2011 09:49pm

UNC posts football position … Withers says he’s a candidate

by Brett Friedlander

North Carolina has formally posted its football head coaching position, beginning the process of hiring a permanent replacement for Butch Davis.

According to the ad on the university’s web site, two years of successful intercollegiate coaching and recruiting experience at the NCAA Division I level are preferred. Strong organizational and communication skills are required.

Among the other qualifications cited are “recruiting, coaching, mentoring, and administrative responsibilities for the football program,” along with a “strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified student-athletes focused on both academics and athletics.”

Among the names most often mentioned for the position are Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn and South Florida head coach Skip Holtz.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/26507/26507/

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I can see it someday when some dopey reporter actually takes something written here as being credible

"my internet sources are saying....."

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I can see it someday when some dopey reporter actually takes something written here as being credible

"my internet sources are saying....."

I think that has already happened.

Among the names most often mentioned for the position are Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn and South Florida head coach Skip Holtz.

What they always fail to clarify is that it's "most often mentioned" by knucklehead bloggers and Internet message board denizens ...