• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive playcalling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

much better tonight. Good balance, 43 RA as opposed to 35 PA. I liked BJ running more draws, that had Cuse on their heels all night. Seemed like we wanted to establish the run for sure tonight, and I wasn't sure how that was going to work, figuring Cuse's big front 4 would key on it, but the QB draw definitely loosened it up.

It was great to see Murray pound it on that last drive, and I love that we got a TD with over a minute left. We kept the pedal on the entire game and it was great to see.

Hopefully we can carry this over to Miami next weekend, even though the talent will be considerably better. Good job for tonight, Fitch and co.

• Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I love the BJ runs as well, he is just to talented with his feet to try and keep him in the pocket the whole game. I also think that our over the middle passes seem to be the most effective. Murray has always been a solid back and good up the middle.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Much better tonight.

I am guessing that Coach Holtz is finally realizing that B.J. running is a good weapon.

• Content Count:  425
  • Days Won:  0

A lot of good blocks made by Landi for BJ. Also not a lot of Offensive penalties. We also threw a couple of deep balls to stretch the field a little.

Much better tonight.

I am guessing that Coach Holtz is finally realizing that B.J. running is a good weapon.

Isn't it funny he gets paid millions a year to coach the team and is just finding out what we all already knew? :D

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Much better tonight.

Isn't it funny he gets paid millions a year to coach the team and is just finding out what we all already knew? :D

Nice one. I understand what Coach wants down the road and that is fine. We just don't have that type of QB yet.

I also think it's funny at how our OL was a big question mark going into the season and they have played very very well. It's nice to see how good our running game can be with a solid OL.

• Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Much better tonight.

I guess Holtz is having growing pains himself learning to adjust his coaching style a bit. Tonight looked a lot like the type of play calling seen under Levitt with the amount of runs from the QB but now we have better backs was well which is even better.

Yeah, the run blocking was definitely solid tonight. Hopefully Scott will get healthy by next week, we could use his services against the Canes. Agreed about Holtz and what he wants in a QB. Just glad that BJ is doing what he needs to do though. Also glad this should get the haters off his back for at least a week.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Play Calling was an A today. It helps when we we are 2nd and 3 most of the night. Very impressed with Andre Davis. He's going to be a stud. Great game by Landi tonight. He made solid plays at big parts of the game plus he secured the ball on the onside.

• Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

I didn't find their playcalling offensive. ~~ZING~~

Archived