• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Hope He Didn't Say This....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

every other defense in the country can play press coverage with average corners yet we dont. We need to play MAN and let them get beat. It creates a much tougher pass from the quarterback. Help our d-line out by taking away the quick passes to the sideline and force the play to take time to develop. We still will have help over top. I hope this is what he means because until we get rid of the 15 yard cushion we will not be able to stop anything.

Exactly. Our corner are always playing 5 - 8 yards out which makes for an easy slant or screen pass every time. That's usually 3-5 yards and if they break a tackle even more. Then they start worrying about the short routes and bam... deep throw. It's so easy even we can see it. Why can't the guy who gets paid for it see that?

It drives me crazy seeing it every... single... play.

completely agree.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I was really surprised to read the quotes from Coach Holtz. In fact, I am still holding on that he may have been misquoted or that his statements were taken out of context.
I think he just means that we're going to need to play better on defense, i.e. tackle better, get pressure on the QB, etc. Those are things that we haven't really done too well on and need to improve. Not sure why you're so concerned that he might have been misquoted or taken out of context.

Not concerned about him being misquoted or taken out of context, but more concerned over his pessimistic attitude with a team that really needs a good kick in the ass. The comment was meant to be facetious.

• Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Holtz needs to realize he had a major drop off in defense and admit it. Why last year versus this year. It is the coaches fault mostly.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

ugh....

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

a team that really needs a good kick in the ass.

Hugs is where it's at.

Archived