• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Invites Not to go Out Until Boise Commits?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

Commit is not the same as considered, which is what the article states. In fact I would not even consider this an article....it is more like an opinion/statement. Scoops will be invited in no particular order.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

this is ridiculious...invites should have been given out LAST YEAR when the conference was still one piece...

If we the keep AQ status Im fine with the new conference....but i have a feeling that the USF administration is being too quiet for a reason...hopefully a good reason

• Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

this is ridiculious...invites should have been given out LAST YEAR when the conference was still one piece...

If we the keep AQ status Im fine with the new conference....but i have a feeling that the USF administration is being too quiet for a reason...hopefully a good reason

Good reason=no other options

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

This is not good. I thought Boise would be the last to committ. Jesus Marinatto WTF you are horrible.

Edit: Thread title is misleading. Everyone already knows they are the lynchpin.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Navy was very close to accepting a football only invite before the 'Cuse and Pitt news broke, so it's not like the league wasn't trying to get that 10th program they wanted.

• Content Count:  1,524

The fact that we are basically being held hostage by these basketball schools in our FOOTBALL decision making process is absurd. If the Big East had any true leadership, they would have told the catholic bball schools to piss off. Instead, our FOOTBALL commish is bowing down to the likes of DePaul, Providence College (his alma mater...uhg) and St. Johns. There is something seriously wrong with that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

The fact that we are basically being held hostage by these basketball schools in our FOOTBALL decision making process is absurd. If the Big East had any true leadership, they would have told the catholic bball schools to piss off. Instead, our FOOTBALL commish is bowing down to the likes of DePaul, Providence College (his alma mater...uhg) and St. Johns. There is something seriously wrong with that.

Wait, isn't he the commish of the Big East Conference? Didn't know we had a commissioner of just the football teams. There WERE equal number of football v basketball schools. Now the BB schools outnumber football. If he is the commissioner of the BE conference, he's working for majority owners that are interested in BB. I'm not crazy about all the moves (or non moves) but to blame him for not following what the schools want - I just don't get that.

• Content Count:  1,524

Wait, isn't he the commish of the Big East Conference? Didn't know we had a commissioner of just the football teams. There WERE equal number of football v basketball schools. Now the BB schools outnumber football. If he is the commissioner of the BE conference, he's working for majority owners that are interested in BB. I'm not crazy about all the moves (or non moves) but to blame him for not following what the schools want - I just don't get that.

What brings more revenue to a conference? Football. My point is we wont ever be a highly competitive conference if we keep letting the basketball schools run the show.

Archived