• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prediction Contest......Starting QB vs. Penn State

Guest Old Hoss

Guest Reality Check

Denson, are you kidding me.  The kid has never played a down of college football at any position and you are going to throw him into QB at PSU.  Not gonna happen.

I say Julmiste

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Julmiste.  Denson will probably play though, because it sounds like Leavitt loves him.  Denson will start by mid year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Denson, are you kidding me.  The kid has never played a down of college football at any position and you are going to throw him into QB at PSU.  Not gonna happen.

I say Julmiste

Tell something similiar to TN fans  :o they double this  ;) Denson has more experience of college ball than these 2 QB's

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Matt Grothe by the third game... You don't play in a state championship game and lack poise. Denson will start... but Grothe will take over. Too bad Grothe and Hill can't graduate early to go to classes in the Spring.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Are both Grothe and Hill willing to battle each other out every year for the job, do you think one eventually will switch positions? or do they both have their heart set on playing QB if one beats the other out someone with Transfer?  We could do the ol' 2 man rotation and see if that works.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

It seems they both wanna battle and play ... but I serious don't see one or the other transfering.

Not bashing our QB's, but if you can't win a QB job here (our current situation) as Top talent, you ain't gonna do it in legit 1A.

Hopefully Denson does well and we have 2 good QB's and both can RS ... or HOPEFULLY, one of them lights it up in the fall and challenges for the starting position.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Hill will be on the field in some capacity if grothe beats him out..  He will be fisher-like, except he will be Bigger, Faster, Stronger, Smarter, and Will NOT have off field distractions!  I say DENSON will start, Grothe will be back-up and Hill, well he will play every offense skill position each game...plus will be a returner for kicks and punts...

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

PS....  As far as composure at PSU game, julmiste is NOT the answer....  I rather throw any of the others into frying pan, Pat just does not have it....   He is so freaked from last year I do not see him doing anything except holding a clipboard....  Maybe we can teach him to long snap (a tight spiral with high MPH's short distance, hey that's PAT!)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I say Julmiste

I was under the impression that Denson got some reps at Auburn at DB his freshman year and was poised to start for them last year.

I fear that Hill will not accept being second banana on this team.  I also don't think he will accept playing another position besides QB.  If he gets beat out I bet we see a Denson type situation where he transfers to some lower D1 school like ucf for the chance to play QB...  Funny how they have no QB whatsoever and all 3 of these potentially stellar QBs chose USF.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Least we forget, Denson was rated higher at QB then Hill coming out of High School.  I said along time ago I thought Denson would start and I haven't changed my mind.  i am so freaken happy we have this much talent at QB I can hardly stand it.