• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive playmakers

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  125
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone else feel like no one's REALLY stepped up on defense and shown they can consistently make a difference?  I mean there's been a few big plays sprinkled throughout here and there from guys like Young, Watson, and Davis, but still feel like we're missing that game changer.  When the season started I thought for sure Barrington and Lattimore would hit that next level and become top-tier linebackers, but haven't seen it.  I thought Giddins wiould be that '07 Selvie or JPP type of end, but again haven't seen it.  So I don't sound completely doom and gloom I will say I'm impressed with Elkino so far especially considering he's just a freshman.  What's everyone else's opinion on this?  And who do you think will step up against Pitt?  Would be nice to see the front 7 as a whole play with a little more intensity and beat the snot out of Graham and Sunseri.  The way the Bucs turned up the fire this past weekend.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

We're third in the nation in TO's gained with 13. I think the D is doing just fine.

We're third in the nation in TO's gained with 13. I think the D is doing just fine.

Not to be a **** but Cincy is 1st I believe in that category.  Would you consider their d just fine too? 

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

With the exception of a bit of a lackluster half this past weekend against UTEP, the D is doing fine.  Why does everyone want a star to admire?  Why can't we just admire the job the team is doing as a whole?

We're 4-0.  We've already beaten a decent Notre Dame team.  If you're looking for stars, look at Barrington w/ the pick 6 Saturday.  He, Lanaris and Lattimore all have picks on the year and those three are the leading tacklers.  Julius Forte and Claude Davis both lead the team w/ 3 sacks each.  Who are they????  Would you say they've stepped up?

Football's a team game, let's not get too worried because some of the names we know the most aren't standing out.  We've done very well thus far and as long as we continue to get Ws, that's all that matters. 

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Not to be a **** but Cincy is 1st I believe in that category.  Would you consider their d just fine too? 

Well, if we're talking about coming up with plays on defense then yes. They too are doing just fine. Total defense is another topic (we are doing just fine there as well).

So guys are we still just fine?  This was pathetic.  Lanaris you're awful.  You're the college equivalent of ruud.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

So guys are we still just fine?  This was pathetic.  Lanaris you're awful.  You're the college equivalent of ruud.

Comparing Lanaris to Ruud is embarrassing to Ruud. And Ruud s*cks.

To plan for Lanaris to cover Graham tells me Snyder sucks! 

This d is awful and was only good last year due to pies poor offenses.  Snyder is overrated.

Guys should be thrown off the team for what happened tonight.  You losers not only ruined a season but destroyed a program.  No one will want a team that looked like that on national tv.

Archived