• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentenal Calls for intervention UCF to Big East

Gismo

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I say let them in. They could end up becoming a decent program, but it's not going to happen with them in CUSA. If they do make the move, I would like to see the BE REQUIRE that they overhaul their logo and marketing. Their knight/pegasus stuff is flat out horrible. They could use a good revamping like we did with the iconic U

I don't mind UCF becoming a decent or even good football program.  What I do mind is that happening at our expense.  If you allow UCF into the BE, it will effect our recruiting.  Even if we continued to beat them year in and year out, the fact that they are in the same AQ conference will have some effect on our recruiting based on the two schools location.  I say we focus on getting into a better conference like Pitt, Syracuse did and UConn is doing.

it would hardly dent our recruiting. we sign what 20-25 per year??? it's not like there are only 25 kids that come out of central florida every year.

I'm so tired of people thinking uCF will come into the BE and steal our lunch money!!

UF and FSU each have top 10 classes every year.

if we concentrated on locking up the kids that leave for bigger and better schools and worry less about kids that might choose a school almost as good as us then we can build something pretty good.

it's not the **** recruits we are losing or would lose to ucf that would hurt us it's the **** recruits we aren't winning from clemson, auburn, etc that hurts us.

These sentiments are EXACTLY what I was trying to convey. 

I am happy some one else thinks like me; thought perhaps I had taken crazy pills.

3 of our current commits received offers/had interest in UCF according to ESPN.  That is 30% of our class so far.  Imagine if Sean Price, Tyler Cameron, and Chris Bivins had to make a choice between BCS UCF and USF.  We are about even in everything but... guess?

And to your point, we are already lagging behind in recruiting from Florida, FSU, Clemson, Auburn because of history, fanbases, conferences, and other ******** we can't even control.  Why throw an identical school to our own just so we can be the bigger person?

I forgot about all those wins UCF has against ranked teams, the perfect 4-0 record against they have-- oh wait-- I suppose it was 2-2 since we are equal all the way.

honestly- you are saying a team that LOST to FIU is on equal footing with one that beat Notre Dame in the same season?

I don't get it. We're ahead-- and I want to stay there. I have no inclination to help those ignorant people who do nothing but talk crap about USF every chance they get. They are rude to us and then at the same time expecting us to help them? They aren't a crazy auntie we are taking care of-- they are a school just like USF-- who has such a high opinion of themselves that they call us scum but expect help? SCREW THEM

Mike, I think he (idiothusband) is making the same point you are ...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

I say let them in. They could end up becoming a decent program, but it's not going to happen with them in CUSA. If they do make the move, I would like to see the BE REQUIRE that they overhaul their logo and marketing. Their knight/pegasus stuff is flat out horrible. They could use a good revamping like we did with the iconic U

I don't mind UCF becoming a decent or even good football program.  What I do mind is that happening at our expense.  If you allow UCF into the BE, it will effect our recruiting.  Even if we continued to beat them year in and year out, the fact that they are in the same AQ conference will have some effect on our recruiting based on the two schools location.  I say we focus on getting into a better conference like Pitt, Syracuse did and UConn is doing.

it would hardly dent our recruiting. we sign what 20-25 per year??? it's not like there are only 25 kids that come out of central florida every year.

I'm so tired of people thinking uCF will come into the BE and steal our lunch money!!

UF and FSU each have top 10 classes every year.

if we concentrated on locking up the kids that leave for bigger and better schools and worry less about kids that might choose a school almost as good as us then we can build something pretty good.

it's not the **** recruits we are losing or would lose to ucf that would hurt us it's the **** recruits we aren't winning from clemson, auburn, etc that hurts us.

These sentiments are EXACTLY what I was trying to convey. 

I am happy some one else thinks like me; thought perhaps I had taken crazy pills.

3 of our current commits received offers/had interest in UCF according to ESPN.  That is 30% of our class so far.  Imagine if Sean Price, Tyler Cameron, and Chris Bivins had to make a choice between BCS UCF and USF.  We are about even in everything but... guess?

And to your point, we are already lagging behind in recruiting from Florida, FSU, Clemson, Auburn because of history, fanbases, conferences, and other ******** we can't even control.  Why throw an identical school to our own just so we can be the bigger person?

I forgot about all those wins UCF has against ranked teams, the perfect 4-0 record against they have-- oh wait-- I suppose it was 2-2 since we are equal all the way.

honestly- you are saying a team that LOST to FIU is on equal footing with one that beat Notre Dame in the same season?

I don't get it. We're ahead-- and I want to stay there. I have no inclination to help those ignorant people who do nothing but talk crap about USF every chance they get. They are rude to us and then at the same time expecting us to help them? They aren't a crazy auntie we are taking care of-- they are a school just like USF-- who has such a high opinion of themselves that they call us scum but expect help? SCREW THEM

I agree with most of that but I meant equal footing when it comes to recruiting (i.e. campus size, location, academics).  I think the ND game and the FIU game will help today but the Auburn win and the UCF annihilations happened when these current recruits were 11 or 12 years old.  Anyway, **** UCF is what we all most agree to...

• Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

BREAKING NEWS COMING ACCROSS THE WIRE NOW!!!!

USF can't keep UCF out of the BigXII....

What is in the kool aid those gnats are drinking?

Here is the tweet:

@mpalan09

matt p

Word on the street is #Big12 is looking at #WVU, #TCU, and possibly #UCF. #NAVY says no for now to #BIGEAST.

• Content Count:  12,293

Here is the tweet:

@mpalan09

matt p

Word on the street is #Big12 is looking at #WVU, #TCU, and possibly #UCF. #NAVY says no for now to #BIGEAST.

yeah word on this street....

5152.jpg

• Content Count:  879

Here is the tweet:

@mpalan09

matt p

That may have come from this.....

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=147696038&mid=147696038&sid=908&style=2

• Content Count:  1,027

Here is the tweet:

@mpalan09

matt p

disneyfantasyland.png

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

bottom line USF needs every competitive advantage it has. thus far we have that advantage on the field (4-0), in academics, and most importantly AQ affiliation. if UCF achieves AQ status we lose our most important advantage... it's like adding another player to the musical chairs without adding another chair. why add more fish to an already shrinking pool? don't even give them a toe, nevermind a foot in the door.

USF has every right to do what is in its best interest as a University. contrary to this clownshoe Mike Biatchi or whatever, President Genshaft may be an employee of the state with a paycheck from Tallahassee, but she doesn't work for the entire state; she works for the University of South Florida, its students, faculty and staff as well as the community (Tampa Bay) that the majority of these groups come from. getting paid by the State of Florida doesn't make her beholden to or responsible for the interests of every public institution. Pres. Genshaft isn't obligated to do the president of UCF's job. if UCF can't make a pitch to get into an AQ situation on its own merits, well then by golly **** em. it's not our job to drag UCF up from the depths of irrelevance. as a USF alumnus i would be pissed as hell if the president of my University were out spending her time working for another institution. da hell kinda **** is that?

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

You know when you where this helmet that it screws your head up after a while.

armor-sca-templar-helm-2504.jpg

• Content Count:  579

If our AQ status is getting looked over in 2013 the new players need to be up to speed already.  Bottom line, UCF's potential does nothing for that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

If our AQ status is getting looked over in 2013 the new players need to be up to speed already.  Bottom line, UCF's potential does nothing for that.

the tough part is finding teams to add that will aid in that regard-- and as much as I really don't want them, UCF might have enough potential to be added. I just hope they work hard to find the best alternatives. If that happens to be UCF, I guess we might have to live with that. This is all centered around the desire to keep the BE together in some fashion. Ultimately, I think we cannot maintain a workable model that has half the members not playing football as well-- it's not sustainable.

Archived