• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rivals rating changes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,521
  • Days Won:  10

They finally rated Kofi Amichia with a rating of 3 stars, but they lowered LaMarlin Wiggins and Tyler Cameron from 4 to 3 stars.

USF negative bias?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

figures they would drop some stars once they committed usf, lamarlin droped from #18 to #50, tyler dropped from #6 to #8, but price was upped to #4 though and they rated kofi like you pointed out.  still think some may change bit still.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

They finally rated Kofi Amichia with a rating of 3 stars, but they lowered LaMarlin Wiggins and Tyler Cameron from 4 to 3 stars.

USF negative bias?

That's pretty bizarre, considering how great a game Cameron just had to open the season. I'd like to know how the other QBs did. Doesn't compute.

Also, rating Kofi a 5.5 is also a travesty. At the time he gave a verbal to USF he was #65 on the Georgia top 75, but was not rated. Then after several weeks he plays in the biggest showcase games in Georgia, and was a stand out performer BY RIVALS. So now after doing that he gets the lowest 3 star rating and is no longer in the Georgia Top 75. That makes NO sense at all. I quit trying to figure this out long ago, but it still is annoying.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

figures they would drop some stars once they committed usf, lamarlin droped from #18 to #50, tyler dropped from #6 to #8, but price was upped to #4 though and they rated kofi like you pointed out.  still think some may change bit still.

Wiggins was rated as the 18th overall Athlete. Now he is rated as the 50th overall WR, so it's understandable with the position change.

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

We just don't give Yahoo, Fox and Disney enough of our money to buy stars. We can solve the problem, by going 12-0. BSU suffers the same fate. They solve it by winning games, anytime, anyplace. No huge fan base, born and raised, like us. This is really blatant though. Even Bivins took a huge hit. This is probably an antitrust violation. They may be trying to influence recruiting based on their own interests. I wish someone would do an expose on the shenanigans of these "recruiting" websites. Scout tried to defuse the rancor, by posting an article "describing" how they assign rankings.That's kind of a Fox/Henhouse article(pun definitely intended).  I call BS. What a bunch of crap.

Wiggins was rated as the 18th overall Athlete. Now he is rated as the 50th overall WR, so it's understandable with the position change.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, perhaps it has something to do with his grades.

This is from a free Q & A with Josh Newberg on 247.

HappyHourHero Q: Any updates with Lamarlin Wiggins as far as the academic side of things? I know I've seen you say he might not qualify.

I still expect him to be a sign and place. Wiggins is a 6’2.5, 195-pound WR with speed. He would be a top 10 WR in the state if he had the grades.

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Article/Recruiting-QA-with-Josh-Newberg-37609

• Content Count:  4,642

who cares about the star ratings?

• Content Count:  406

its not a negative bias, just an opinion.  Rivals actually gives us the best ratings this year. The move actually puts them in line with the other services, since no one else has Cameron or Wiggins at 4 stars.  Also, Bivins went from 35 or so to 33, so he went up like Price.  I don't like any of the rankings to begin with, the info can be good, but can also be found elsewhere.  However, rivals has all of our commits ranked higher than scout.

Scout has Cameron at #40 QB, Bivins at #42 CB, DJ White at #112 CB, Amichia at #92 OT, Price at #6 TE, adn Wiggins at #157 WR. 

Cameron is a good player, I think he will be good for us.  There is a good debate for 3 or 4 stars (all services have him at 3).  Price is a stud and a no brainer 4-star.  The only service that has Bivins at a 4 star is ESPN, but I think hes gonna be a stud.  No one has White as a 4star, and he is **** good.  Wiggins has 4 star talent, but the grades do impact his rating.  I think Jenkins is underated all around at 3 stars, you can't teach that someone to be that kind of athlete.

Just opiniions, lets just get them all to sign and let them star for us.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

There is bias in star ratings, a certain other school that should not be named gets stars added when the recruit commits there

Archived