• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Team and Fans on 9/3/11, "It is all about Respect"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  0

Watch this video and you may FFWD it to 5:10 if your sick of ND football history.

It sounds like a younger Coach Lou Holtz talking to the team prior to a big game:

"There is one thing more than anything else that we want.....and that is respect"

It is chilling how those few sentences at the end of a ND hype video sum up most of our feelings. Please someone get that audio or the whole video to our football team (coaches).

We want respect from around this country.

- We want respect from our local Tampa Tribune and St. PeteTimes where Gator and Seminoles still trump the Bulls on the front page.

- We want respect from youth football leagues and Jersey manufacturers where my son must play as a PeeWee UF Gator because AP jerseys does not provide USF uniforms (oh and they have UCF and they are in our league, pathetic)

- We want respect from the Sun Sentinel (sister paper to Orlando), who has downgraded us so much that there was not even a score listed for two of our games last year. This year we even got bumped from the daily football report and replaced with a UCF daily report...pathetic.

- We want respect in the coaches poll.

- We want respect and hopefully this season is it.

Granted we have done the 1 or 2 game trick before and have not turned it into a successful season. Hopefully, this year is different and I can stop biting my tongue and let loose on the media outlets with finally some football season success ammo in my pocket.

Who do you want respect from this year (co-workers, that dang overly-advertised Gator fan in your neighborhood, etc.)?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Winning takes care of everything. Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Amen. It's a challenge though that requires leadership, winning, and perhaps good old fashioned time

Archived