• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlins Attendance Wednesday: 327

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

The division is the toughest in baseball.

You're kidding, right?

The NL East and AL East are about equal

I seriously laughed out loud when I read this.... you can't be serious?

Oh wait.... it's 83....  ::)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

and to be clear, for baseball I would not ever show up to a 1pm game in August in Miami. That heat will kill you.

And yet the players, the ones exerting themselves throughout the game, as opposed to fans sitting in the heat drinking beer, somehow make it through the blazing, murderous heat.  How does that happen?

just take all tampa, miami and atlanta sports teams and move them to places like Iowa and watch them pack the house. 

Iowa?  You have to be kidding me.  Better attendance than in Miami for sure, possibly Tampa, but Atlanta?  Come on.  There's a reason there's not a team in Iowa right now.  A bit of an overstatement here, but not surprising given the source.

This source has forgotten more about sports than you will ever know. 

Atlanta is a complete bandwagon city.  Look at the Braves playoff games back in the day. 

Im concerned you didnt see the sarcasm in the Iowa comment. 

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

and to be clear, for baseball I would not ever show up to a 1pm game in August in Miami. That heat will kill you.

And yet the players, the ones exerting themselves throughout the game, as opposed to fans sitting in the heat drinking beer, somehow make it through the blazing, murderous heat.  How does that happen?

just take all tampa, miami and atlanta sports teams and move them to places like Iowa and watch them pack the house. 

Iowa?  You have to be kidding me.  Better attendance than in Miami for sure, possibly Tampa, but Atlanta?  Come on.  There's a reason there's not a team in Iowa right now.  A bit of an overstatement here, but not surprising given the source.

This source has forgotten more about sports than you will ever know. 

So you really think that huh?  You've never met me in your life and your extent of your communication with me is on here, usually about USF athletics.  You constantly talk about things about which you have absolutely no clue.  Atlanta sports is one of them.

Your bravado never ceases to make me laugh.  At least you're good for something on here.  :loser

So you really think that huh?  You've never met me in your life and your extent of your communication with me is on here, usually about USF athletics. 

I don't even recognize you as a poster.  I was talking jokingly in a reaction to a single post you made about me.  I have no idea what you stand for.  Sorry you are from Georgia it wasnt a personal attack on you not going to games.  I am flattered you follow my postings on this site.  I am obviously doing something better than you. 

yee haw buddy. 

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I am flattered you follow my postings on this site.  I am obviously doing something better than you. 

I wouldn't say better ... it's just that those who post moronic statements like you do stand out more than those that don't.  The fact you don't recognize me as a poster probably means you're too thick-headed, stubborn and/or clueless to listen to arguments of substance or reason. 

Fuggedaboutit, yo.

I am flattered you follow my postings on this site.  I am obviously doing something better than you. 

I wouldn't say better ... it's just that those who post moronic statements like you do stand out more than those that don't.  The fact you don't recognize me as a poster probably means you're too thick-headed, stubborn and/or clueless to listen to arguments of substance or reason. 

Fuggedaboutit, yo.

If I wasnt from New York, I'd lie and say I was, yo. 

I have a real question for Marlins fans;

whats up with Josh Johnson?  is he going to be 100% next season?

Im in a 10 player keeper fantasy baseball league which Im out of the running this year (thanks Hanley, my 1st rd pick) and I just traded to someone who is going to make the playoffs, 2 potential keepers in Heath Bell and JJ putz. 

good or bad move?  i think JJ is Halladay-esqe when healthy.  question and risk is when is he ever healthy?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Im in a 10 player keeper fantasy baseball league which Im out of the running this year (thanks Hanley, my 1st rd pick) and I just traded to someone who is going to make the playoffs, 2 potential keepers in Heath Bell and JJ putz. 

good or bad move?  i think JJ is Halladay-esqe when healthy.   question and risk is when is he ever healthy?

The kid will be fine, in my humble opinion. The Marlins will make some noise next year, so long as some of those bats can stay healthy. The lineup was decimated with injuries this year. And I think the bullpen is one or two more extra arms away from being solid.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I'll bet the staff on hand for the Marlins game made people sit in their assigned seats, too. 

Are they seat nazis?!?!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

good or bad move?  i think JJ is Halladay-esqe when healthy.   question and risk is when is he ever healthy?

As far as I know he should be good for next season but he does seem to get hurt quite often.  How many keepers are you allowed in this league?  You can't have to many pitches with more upside than JJ on your roster unless it's a really small league.

Archived