• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cubs Game USF Acknowledgement?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I think they'll know we're there...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I was surfing around their website the other day and came across what you are asking.  They can do an announcement.  Its $50 and it occurs during the middle of the 5th inning.  So, if you have the $$$ they will do it. 

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I got a washington on it

• Content Count:  558

I was surfing around their website the other day and came across what you are asking.  They can do an announcement.  Its $50 and it occurs during the middle of the 5th inning.  So, if you have the $$$ they will do it. 

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/fan_forum/scoreboard.jsp

It is $55 (+5 for convenience fee) and there are openings for "our" game on the 2nd. Question is will they accept one of these messages:

Go South Florida Bulls, Beat The Irish

or

Go USF Bulls, Beat The Irish

or

Welcome USF Bulls, Let's Beat The Irish  (makes it sound like the Cubs are saying it and it is under 40 character limit)

We'll see what they say from my email request.......assume all you drunks at the game will pony up a buck if it is confirmed at a Wrigleyville pre-game tailgating bar, right?

• Content Count:  763

Welcome USF Bulls, Let's Beat The Irish

^ If you can get this one approved then PM me and I'll provide my cell number to meet up in Wrigleyville for $5

• Content Count:  1,079

Don't do it!

Somehow the misfortunes and bad luck of the Cubs will rub off on USF.

Don't do it!

Somehow the misfortunes and bad luck of the Cubs will rub off on USF.

We are all going to the game....isn't that bad enough.....just make sure the legendary Cubs "goat" does not cross your path on the way to the stadium.

I have submitted the following....now we will see if the not-so-allmighty dollar trumps hurting the feelings of their fan-base that may be alum or fans of Notre Dame.

"The Cubs Welcome" is automatic in the message...I could have picked Happy Birthday or Anniversary. Will report if they approve of the message...assume they will as it will probably be up for 3 or 4 seconds only. 

Game:9/2/2011 1:20 PM, Pirates @ Cubs

The Cubs Welcome

The USF Bulls, Let's Go Beat The Irish!

Preference:Not Applicable

Total:$55.00

You will receive an e-mail confirmation once your scoreboard message request has been approved.

Thank you for your order.

Its on like Donkey Kong Bulls Fans

Bulls Message at Friday's Cubs Game Approved, Get Cameras Out in mid 5th Inning

My $55 charge went from pending to approve so I assume it is all go.

Make sure we get a lot of shots of it and we can email a home-bound Bulls fan the pics to put up on the Bullspen within minutes of it being shown in the park (who is going to do this?)

My seats are on the left field line so I might not have the best shot, anybody sitting behind homeplate with direct view of centerfield scoreboard?

Those who offered to subsidize my charge can just meet up prior to game in Wrigleyville or at the alumni event that night and hook up my group with drinks/apps...no cash accepted.

Anybody know if Greg or Adam or any paper reps will be in Chicago.....assume they will be in South Bend.

You have reserved the following scoreboard message at Wrigley Field:

Date: 9/2/2011 1:20 PM

Opponent: Pirates

Your Message:

The Cubs Welcome

Your message will be reviewed by our team and your credit card billed upon approval. If you have any questions please visit the scoreboard message information page or please contact customer service at 773-404-4173 or scoreboardmessages@cubs.com.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Its on like Donkey Kong Bulls Fans

Bulls Message at Friday's Cubs Game Approved, Get Cameras Out in mid 5th Inning

My $55 charge went from pending to approve so I assume it is all go.

Make sure we get a lot of shots of it and we can email a home-bound Bulls fan the pics to put up on the Bullspen within minutes of it being shown in the park (who is going to do this?)

My seats are on the left field line so I might not have the best shot, anybody sitting behind homeplate with direct view of centerfield scoreboard?

Those who offered to subsidize my charge can just meet up prior to game in Wrigleyville or at the alumni event that night and hook up my group with drinks/apps...no cash accepted.

Anybody know if Greg or Adam or any paper reps will be in Chicago.....assume they will be in South Bend.

You have reserved the following scoreboard message at Wrigley Field:

Date: 9/2/2011 1:20 PM

Opponent: Pirates

Your Message:

The Cubs Welcome

Your message will be reviewed by our team and your credit card billed upon approval. If you have any questions please visit the scoreboard message information page or please contact customer service at 773-404-4173 or scoreboardmessages@cubs.com.

Here's where to look for it ...

wrigley-field-scoreboard.jpg?w=640&h=480

Archived