• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

We may have a new coach, but our university has been loyal and patient with him. He should have stuck around. He would have a better opportunity to play sooner with us. I understand Clemson and UCLA are tempting. If I was a QB with no ties to USF, I might have chosen Clemson. Shame we stuck with this kid for so long to lose him. I feel like USF w/ CSH for a long time put all of their eggs in 1 basket until we got White to commit after Taggart came on board. 

Time to shut this thread down.

Clemson has had top rated recruiting classes for years and rarely end up as good as the hype by the time the end of the season roles around. I'd go out to LA, become a TV star.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I was a child at 18. The light does not come on for another 20 years.

Some start much later than others (I.e. Triple B). In my opinion you either have integrity or you don't. Not necessarily an acquired thing. Again in my opinion, this is either instilled in you at a young age from good parenting or not.

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids". Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason. By that time you either "get it" or you don't. Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity. You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through. If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on. The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings. If he came to USF would I support him? Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

Edited by BullFan98

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

I was a child at 18. The light does not come on for another 20 years.

Some start much later than others (I.e. Triple B). In my opinion you either have integrity or you don't. Not necessarily an acquired thing. Again in my opinion, this is either instilled in you at a young age from good parenting or not.

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids". Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason. By that time you either "get it" or you don't. Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity. You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through. If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on. The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings. If he came to USF would I support him? Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

I think the problem is that you, and Ruger, aren't using the word "integrity" correctly. Use maturity only and I'd agree with most, even my part up there. Nothing that I've seen attributed to AW lends to question his integrity. Heck, the big hoss we just got out of Georgia has done more to question his integrity if you want to play that game. People mature at different times .... some never .... look around this board. Changing your mind a couple of times about a life decision has more to do from a maturity aspect rather than an integrity one.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

What about Kayvon Webster.....Elkino Watson....Sam Barrington just off the top of my head these are players we got who committed to other programs who changed their mind at the last minute.....at least AW opened himself up a month ago....while the mind changing looks suspect from the outside I'm sure it happens all the time in college football....so much hate for this kid and I don't get why...it's a big decision for a lot of reasons. So lets review some...a school wants me but just went 3-9 and has a new staff who is wanting to be run heavy...another school wants me whose coach uses a dual threat qb....another school wants me that has a highly rated offense with one of the best OC's in college football...and another school wants me that is as far away from parents as I can get and has put tons of players in the NFL and is in a crazy hoppin city with a former NFL head coach as its coach...tough call for any kid

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

this one was different because supposedly his dad was on here talking a big game about how much the kid loved the bulls and then disappeared once someone asked about the vol board. :2cents:

If the kid comes great, if not oh well, we'll be fine

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids".  Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason.  By that time you either "get it" or you don't.  Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity.  You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through.  If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on.  The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings.  If he came to USF would I support him?  Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

So you think every kid person at 18 should know what and where they want to do with the rest of their lives .... and if they don't, they lack integrity/maturity and will never have any. Kind of a broad brush, isn't it?

He knows what he wants to do, PLAY FOOTBALL.  He doesn't know which school which is cool.  I went through the same recruiting process so I know EXACTLY how this all goes as did ALOT of my friends of which some ended up playing in the NFL, MLB etc.  The ones who were mature about the process ended up succeeding.  The ones who played games and weren't were one and done and it didn't matter which sport. 

At 18 you are old enough to "get it" or you don't.

It's not the wavering, I'm ok with that as I did the same thing and it's expected.  You visit a school and they make it seem so awesome you can't imagine yourself anywhere else.  Then you visit the next school and you can see yourself there as well.  A mature athlete keeps all this close to their vest knowing that their public persona is in full view.  They have "awareness".

This stuff screams attention whore and a follower.  Not a leader.  I'd take a flyer on a RB or WR with an attitude like this bc you get plenty of them so if one washes out no big deal.  But you can't chance such a swing and a miss at QB.  This kid has red flags EVERYWHERE in the way he handles himself.

Look at his PERFORMANCE on the field, not at some "camp".  Take away that camp and look at his whole body of work.  If you are going to go on "potential", you better consider the "potential" for the negative that the warning signs point to as well.

I'm willing to bet he ends up playing a position other than QB or he washes out than I see him as a stud QB based on the evidence I've seen.

I'm not losing sleep over this kid not coming here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Folks tend to write off the actions of an 18 year old so easily saying "he's only 18", this is typical 18 year old behavior, these are "kids".  Sorry, but 18 year olds are adults under the law for a reason.  By that time you either "get it" or you don't.  Age has nothing to do with maturity/integrity.  You see it every day in the NFL and with other players who were class acts all the way through.  If you believe the "age=maturity/integrity" then I offer you Terrell Owens, Ryan Leaf, Michael Vick, Jamarcus Russell and the list goes on.  The results on the field with AW aren't good enough for me to get hyped up about him with the "drama" his "camp" brings.  If he came to USF would I support him?  Yeah, I've supported all Bulls as an alumni should, but I'd be more shocked if he made it to graduation than I would if he ended up off the team in less than 2 years for whatever.

Adults deemed too immature to handle alcohol.

Yet mature enough to wage war. 

AW didn't kill anyone, he didn't get arrested.  He is having difficultly choosing a school from among many excellent choices available.  You really think this somehow makes him flawed?

Apparently you don't have any children of your own.

lol  I've been through the same process and I have children in sports where my son is an elite baseball player.  We were ranked as one of the top teams in the COUNTRY this past travel ball season of which I assembled and coached the roster.  The first year, I coached a team our GM and others put together of who they thought was the most talented and we were decent, but the maturity of some of those most physically talented was lacking and it was costing us in key situations.  Plus their attitudes would bring the TEAM down if something didn't go their way or they had to take their turn on the bench. 

This past season, I told them to trust me, we'd be better off cutting the prima donnas, going with a few kids a little less talented, but were more mature as they would be more coachable and the end product would be better. We ended up as the #3 team in the state and top 30 in the COUNTRY.

Maturity and the ability to handle oneself and make correct decisions at critical times can be seen EARLY in life.  How you conduct yourself is all taught starting early in life and is one of the biggest indicators of future success. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Adults deemed too immature to handle alcohol.

Yet mature enough to wage war. 

There it is. I was waiting for you to play the öld enough to wage war card". You may RXACTLY know how recruiting goes. I EXACTY know the recruiting process I know EXACTLY how the  military is populated, not many mature people it's pretty much a GIANT ball of testosterone. Not all 18yr old "ádults" are as mature and ready for life as you and your apparently quite elite set of friends.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  84

AW didn't kill anyone, he didn't get arrested. He is having difficultly choosing a school from among many excellent choices available. You really think this somehow makes him flawed?

Apparently you don't have any children of your own.

lol I've been through the same process and I have children in sports where my son is an elite baseball player. We were ranked as one of the top teams in the COUNTRY this past travel ball season of which I assembled and coached the roster. The first year, I coached a team our GM and others put together of who they thought was the most talented and we were decent, but the maturity of some of those most physically talented was lacking and it was costing us in key situations. Plus their attitudes would bring the TEAM down if something didn't go their way or they had to take their turn on the bench.

This past season, I told them to trust me, we'd be better off cutting the prima donnas, going with a few kids a little less talented, but were more mature as they would be more coachable and the end product would be better. We ended up as the #3 team in the state and top 30 in the COUNTRY.

Maturity and the ability to handle oneself and make correct decisions at critical times can be seen EARLY in life. How you conduct yourself is all taught starting early in life and is one of the biggest indicators of future success.

This is based off personal obeservations or do you have a degree in childhood development? If not the latter, we can take it as your opinion and disregard.