• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Guess we won't know more until signing day with this guy, unless he gets an offer from a decent SEC team.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

If I had to chose between a place that was home to the Mons Venus compared to crummy cold N.C. State, it would be a no brainer. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Days Won:  1

If I had to chose between a place that was home to the Mons Venus compared to crummy cold N.C. State, it would be a no brainer. 

Yes... because all people just love strip clubs and the trash that goes there.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Eastern NC pretty much sux.  Western NC, nowhere near close to NC State, is gorgeous.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

The statement of Floridians having vacation homes in NC is anecdotal evidence, at best.

I personally think NC is nice, don't get me wrong. So is VA. This, coming from a guy used to a north east life (NY, PA).

If I have a vacation home, I would consider it. If my main house remained in the NE states. If I moved to CA/FL then NC wouldn't even be on my radar.

There's some anecdotal evidence contrary to yours.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Eastern NC pretty much sux.  Western NC, nowhere near close to NC State, is gorgeous.  

============================================================================================

2 hours. Wilkesboro. Not much different than going to UCF and wanting to hit the beach in St Pete.

wilkescounty.jpg

Actually, that's an entirely different scenario IMO. UCFers don't "want" to goto STB, they basically have to travel a couple hours to, say, SPB or Cocoa since they live in a, geographically speaking, boring area.

I don't see the pluses of NC from a guy who can choose to stay in FL, really.

Or, Kentucky (UK) for that matter. Again, a beautiful state, you'd be bored of it by end of freshman year.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

The statement of Floridians having vacation homes in NC is anecdotal evidence, at best.

I personally think NC is nice, don't get me wrong. So is VA. This, coming from a guy used to a north east life (NY, PA).

If I have a vacation home, I would consider it. If my main house remained in the NE states. If I moved to CA/FL then NC wouldn't even be on my radar.

There's some anecdotal evidence contrary to yours.

My aunt and uncle moved up in 1990 to right outside Waynesville to a valley with 10 homes, 9 were Floridians from their county. This article is from 1991 and talks about all the Floridians in this area. Its a little beyond anecdotal.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1991-08-09/lifestyle/9108080300_1_hendersonville-floridians-north-carolina-towns

Florida's Home In The Hills
North Carolina Towns Welcome The Money And Put Up With The Floridians Who Show Up In Summer To Spend It...

EDIT:  Oh yeah, my rich uncle on the other side of the family owned a vacation home up there too. They bought his cabin for the right a way for I40. They would go up every summer for the Clan Games at Grandfather Mountain. One summer my sister and a friend are hiking the Appalachian Trail and they get to one of the over night shelters. No electricity, and its pitch black. These three boys arrive late and start talking about our home town. It turned out to be our cousins! LOL Not saying that proves any thing, but thought it funny coincidence.
Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Has NC State ever won the ACC? If not, I think that meets AW criteria. I think he wants to do a "first" somewhere, something that, "has never been done". That would rule out Tenn but not UK.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Has NC State ever won the ACC? If not, I think that meets AW criteria. I think he wants to do a "first" somewhere, something that, "has never been done". That would rule out Tenn but not UK.
------

read on an nc st board that one of the coaches recruiting AW told him he would get all sorts of all purpose yards, ie, he'd be running a bunch and that didnt necessarily sit too well with him. But in the end who knows what these kids want.

Edited by 2000bull