• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Asiantii Woulard, QB, Winter Park HS, Winter Park, FL(2013)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

Anyone who doesn't see this kid as an upgrade to our currently available QB pool isn't paying attention.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I think he's got the option to start here from day 1, as long as he beats out Floyd and Eveld in training which shouldn't be a problem. The kid is a stud, to think we'd do any better is idiotic.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Anyone who doesn't see this kid as an upgrade to our currently available QB pool isn't paying attention.

haven't seen any of them play signifigant time against live action college defenses.I'd like to see them actually have to earn the job.

anybody willing to declare a high school senior as their starter when he hasn't even signed yet isn't paying attention.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I think he's got the option to start here from day 1, as long as he beats out Floyd and Eveld in training which shouldn't be a problem. The kid is a stud, to think we'd do any better is idiotic.

you fanboys amaze me.

carlton hill was the last 5 star QB that was going to win the job hands down. look how that worked out for us. the scrappy 3 star that nobody wanted to play QB won the job and started for 3+ years.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

So again name some names. Who is wanting to come here that you like? Who have we offered that you want to bring in? You dont win the Elite 11 by hitting one pass in the competition.

Edited by redfisher78

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

.I'd like to see them actually have to earn the job.

I agree, but he can't earn the job if he's not on the team... and as far as I can see he's the most promising incoming QB we have on our radar.

+1

Yea forgot Floyd was recruited hard by Southern Miss and FIU, man what a stud. Don't forget that walk-on Eveld, man all those offers he got!

Woulard has Tennessee, NC State, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Wake Forest and a lot more coming after him now...those schools must not know what they're talking about eh?

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

haven't seen any of them play signifigant time against live action college defenses.I'd like to see them actually have to earn the job.

anybody willing to declare a high school senior as their starter when he hasn't even signed yet isn't paying attention.

Look, get off your little trip here, ok? None of us are coaches, we're amateurs/fans/message board people. We're of all different stripes, we're going to say what we're going to say. It doesn't come down to us, who gives a flying fart if someone one here declares a high school senior the starting QB for USF next year? We don't get to make that decision, the coaches do. It certainly doesn't come down to what you think.

It's one thing for you to say this kind of violation a couple times, and to an extent, I agree, but why you feel the need to continually harp on it ANY time it's brought up is beyond me.

ANY QB coming in as a true freshman will have to earn the job. Matt Floyd will have tons more game experience than Woulard or whoever comes on board. Teddy Bridgewater had to sit a few games behind Will Stein when he first came on. It's not freakin' rocket surgery.

you fanboys amaze me.

carlton hill was the last 5 star QB that was going to win the job hands down. look how that worked out for us. the scrappy 3 star that nobody wanted to play QB won the job and started for 3+ years.

Call me a fanboy for saying as long as he beats out the other two he should start from day 1?

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Can anyone legitimately make the arguments that: a. Asiantii Woulard is as good or better than BJ Daniels coming out of high school. b. This coaching staff can develop him properly. c. Skip will allow his system to accomodate a dual-threat quarterback.

Regardless, will this really make a difference? In the very best-case scenario, we will have another guy like BJ Daniels for the next four years. Will that solve our woes? I think we need to be less concerned about Asiantii Woulard and more so about the other aspects about the program. What are we doing to take care of the defensive nightmares that have plagued us these past two seasons? Are we upgrading the talent in the secondary? More importantly, are we finding a competent coordinator or at least making adjustments to the system?

Sure I'd love a good QB, but there's so much more wrong now. This staff just won't make adjustments and are doing nothing to convince me that anything is changing. I could care if we switch to a triple-option if that's where our strength would lie. You just can't overcome a bad D unless you have an offense that can score 50+ per game. With a good defense, you can run the ball 55 times a game and still win 7 or 8 times a year.

Edited by TheUpperHand