• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Whoa some cocky people on here. Give ND some respect. They are on the rise under Kelly, though so are we. This will be a tough game for us period.

They are on the rise. As are we. Nicely put.

They're getting top 10 consideration by some morons. We're not (it would be equally moronic of them to consider us so).

Our teams aren't that far apart. Numbskull QB play could make it appear to be, but if we lose by 5 TD's because Daniels throws a bunch of interceptions that doesn't really prove anything other than Daniels doesn't deserve to start anymore.

If Daniels comes out of the game on the positive side of passing TD's to interceptions we win. Book it.

I'm willing to devalue our win over Miami last year. Notre Dame was playing an even lesser team than we did. The rest of their victories after losses (that were worse than any of ours) also had large asterisks next to them as well. I'm open to being told how they don't though, or how Pitt playing them close means we won't.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  521
  • Days Won:  0

It will be the BJ Daniels that showed up to the Gator game in Gainesville.  BJ does not play well on the road out of conference.  Even the FSU game, his stats were horrible and we won despite his performance.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

It will be the BJ Daniels that showed up to the Gator game in Gainesville.  BJ does not play well on the road out of conference.  Even the FSU game, his stats were horrible and we won despite his performance.

Clemson had a better defense than Notre Dame will next year. And, it was a "home" game for Clemson.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

ND and USF both have some holes to fill and both can make the argument that their QBs will play better in their second season in the system.  USF will be slightly more athletic than ND, however, ND is at home, this game is going to be close, for USF it hinges on Daniel's play and for ND it hinges on their defense stopping the run and forcing BJ to play productive and mistake free.  Look for ND to employ alot of screens to slow down the Bull's pass rush and then go for the deep pass plays.  I look for USF to spread ND to use their speed, something Tulsa was able to do with limited success with their CUSA talent as ND held Tulsa to 272 yards of offense last year.  Lastly, both teams ended their seasons on a positive note as each won their respective Bowl Games with solid QB play and good defense.  This will be a Tums game-causing alot of heartburn for fans of both teams.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

if bj plays well usf will not get blown out

if he doesnt they will

IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE

Sounds like you're already chalking this up as a loss.

I have to say I am pretty surprised after all of the glowing praise you've heaped on Coach Holtz.

• Content Count:  5,881

Whoa some cocky people on here. Give ND some respect. They are on the rise under Kelly, though so are we. This will be a tough game for us period.

Cocky? I simply stated it will not be a blowout. I owe nothing to ND. They finished with the same record as us last year, and they don't even know who their quarterback will be. I am not in awe of ND like some people, and I also don't believe this is even our toughest game of the year.

• Content Count:  5,881

ND and USF both have some holes to fill and both can make the argument that their QBs will play better in their second season in the system.  USF will be slightly more athletic than ND, however, ND is at home, this game is going to be close, for USF it hinges on Daniel's play and for ND it hinges on their defense stopping the run and forcing BJ to play productive and mistake free.  Look for ND to employ alot of screens to slow down the Bull's pass rush and then go for the deep pass plays.  I look for USF to spread ND to use their speed, something Tulsa was able to do with limited success with their CUSA talent as ND held Tulsa to 272 yards of offense last year.  Lastly, both teams ended their seasons on a positive note as each won their respective Bowl Games with solid QB play and good defense.  This will be a Tums game-causing alot of heartburn for fans of both teams.

Good analysis.

• Content Count:  10,565

The WR's didn't help B.J. that much against FSU. On his first INT there should have been a flag for a horse collar by the FSU defender.

Outside of that, we won BECAUSE of his performance, both through the air and on the ground.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The WR's didn't help B.J. that much against FSU. On his first INT there should have been a flag for a horse collar by the FSU defender.

Outside of that, we won BECAUSE of his performance, both through the air and on the ground.

This... as much as I wanted to shoot BJ last year, his ability to move around can make him deadly, and make up for some very bad throws. He was like 7-for-21 throwing vs FSU, but, he hit the 2 big ones and his legs had FSU gassed and safeties playing in, that's why the deep balls were there for the taking. IF BJ is healthy, coach lets him use his legs, and he keeps the mental mistakes in check, he may only be 50-55% completion, but, the ground game makes up for the balls hitting the turf (TURF, not ND players chest).

I am really hoping we see the culmination of all of BJ's natural talents this year. I am cautiously optimistic that the coaches will know how to handle him and he will have the chance to be a great QB this season. Only time will tell. I sure did like Eveld's moxie if BJ can't get it done though...

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

This... as much as I wanted to shoot BJ last year, his ability to move around can make him deadly, and make up for some very bad throws. He was like 7-for-21 throwing vs FSU, but, he hit the 2 big ones and his legs had FSU gassed and safeties playing in, that's why the deep balls were there for the taking. IF BJ is healthy, coach lets him use his legs, and he keeps the mental mistakes in check, he may only be 50-55% completion, but, the ground game makes up for the balls hitting the turf (TURF, not ND players chest).

I am really hoping we see the culmination of all of bj daniels natural talents this year. I am cautiously optimistic that the coaches will know how to handle him and he will have the chance to be a great QB this season. Only time will tell. I sure did like Eveld's moxie if BJ can't get it done though...

This. 

I feel like we are in a completely different situation than the UF game.  You have to remember that we lost Bogan early in the UF game (while already not having Griffin and Love). 

We saw what this coaching staff could do with some time to prepare before the Clemson game, and how they focused on BJ's strengths against "the best D-Line" in the country (as well as a highly touted overall D).

BJ has been in this system and should be comfortable (especially now with getting his WR's back); and I think most importantly we now have a (IMO) quality game changing back up QB (in the sense of totally different O with Bobby, more Pro Style, harder to change D than having 2 identical QB's) who has also matured in this system and should be prepared enough to take over if BJ can't cut it.

Point being, I don't see us getting blown out like some have mentioned.  ND will be tough, if they build off of how they performed to finish the year (just like us). 

Archived