• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TCU game day

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

does anyone have any idea of what to expect from TCU on game day here at RayJay? thinking about the C in TCU, i cant imagine their alumni are that wild or crazy...

anyone know what the TCU tailgating/game day is like? Do we expect a large amount of frogs here on game day?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

does anyone have any idea of what to expect from TCU on game day here at RayJay? thinking about the C in TCU, i cant imagine their alumni are that wild or crazy...

anyone know what the TCU tailgating/game day is like? Do we expect a large amount of frogs here on game day?

If I remember correctly there was a pretty large crowd that traveled to Ray Jay back in the day. We won't find out much until 2013 when they play in Tampa for the first time as a BE member.

If I remember correctly there was a pretty large crowd that traveled to Ray Jay back in the day. We won't find out much until 2013 when they play in Tampa for the first time as a BE member.

It could be 2012... the rotation might change - they haven't announced how TCU would fit in...

But you are right, they brought in a decent, congenial crowd.  Very few teams bring "rowdy" fans on the road (ahem. UCF. ahem.)...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Don't put a ton of stock in the "C" of TCU. They're affiliated with the Church of Christ, which is a Protestant denomination, and it's not as hardcore as places like BYU or Notre Dame (or any of the Big East basketball only schools).

Without spurning a huge debate, religious people still tailgate and party just as hard as heathens like me do :P

I do expect TCU to have as good as or better showing than years ago, since both teams are/will be BCS AQ teams, and it will be a conference game that could spurn a rivalry of sorts, as well as TCU being a more nationally prominent team.

I would go so far as to think that within the first 2-3 meetings they come to Tampa, they will rank between Rutgers and WVU in visiting attendance. It's a cheap flight too!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

TCU travels well and if fans are going to one BE away game per year - we are one of the closer teams with easy/cheap flights (compared to UL/Cincy).  I think they will bring a lot of folks to RayJay.  Last game I met some great purple tailgaters in the spot next to me.

Archived