• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN's Big East Recruiting Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/21467/big-east-recruiting-update-3

Cincinnati: 13

Connecticut: 11

Louisville: 10

Pittsburgh: 7

Rutgers: 10

USF: 8

Syracuse: 16

West Virginia: 12

I am a little suprised how we compare to the other teams in the Big East; I get it is still early, but Syracuse has double the amount of recruits??  Obviously this doesn't mention the caliber of the other teams' recruits. 

• Content Count:  10,565

We do not have many seniors leaving after this season, so it's no big deal that we don't have a high number.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

8 commits in July is a record setting pace for USF.  We've never had even this many kids committing to us so early.  We'll only end up signing 16-18.  So, we're already about half full.

• Content Count:  7,780

8 commits in July is a record setting pace for USF.  We've never had even this many kids committing to us so early.  We'll only end up signing 16-18.  So, we're already about half full.

Is that due to scholarship limits or need?  My philosophy, which may be wrong, is recruit big.  There are always transfers out, injuries, dismissals, drops outs, etc.  I like having the depth, even if it is for future rosters. 

No doubt that I am very impressed already with Skip Holtz and his staff's ability to recruit top talent. 

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Louisville just picked up another one so they now have 11.  Its early still all the schools will have around 20 or so at the end of it all.

Four-star defensive back Devontre Parnell decides for LouisvilleThe Cardinals picked up a Class of 2012 commitment from touted Devontre Parnell, a 5-foot-10, 170-pound defensive back from Fairfield...

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Is that due to scholarship limits or need?  My philosophy, which may be wrong, is recruit big.  There are always transfers out, injuries, dismissals, drops outs, etc.  I like having the depth, even if it is for future rosters. 

No doubt that I am very impressed already with Skip Holtz and his staff's ability to recruit top talent. 

I think I've seen where we will only have about 14 scholarships available for incoming players. So 8 commits with 14 available is really good.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We have 14 seniors.  Anticipating normal attrition and you sign around 16-18.  How big do you want to go?  Too big and you either have to run off kids in the program or offer a gray shirt or revoke a scholarship late in the game, neither of which is good and both of which will hurt us in future recruiting.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

What a horrible recruiting update. No real decent information or insight in there at all.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

What a horrible recruiting update. No real decent information or insight in there at all.

Agreed. This new lady is quite terrible at the BE blog imo.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Andrea does very little to impress, majority of her information is got by looking at websites. 

Archived