• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which is the Conference Football Team That You Despise the Most?

Which is the Conference Football Team That You Despise the Most?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  924
  • Days Won:  1

As long as Rutgers exists I will hate them, my old PT at the gym is an alum and wore that **** beat USF t-shirt from 2007, needless to say I changed PT real quick

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

The thing about them is that there is nothing to gain by beating them, and everything to lose by losing to them.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Let me clarify:

They suck whether we lose or win.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Is this a trick question? The answer is too easy, it almost seems like a set up...

• Content Count:  574
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers. They are in New Jersey and have a Jersey Shore type fan base.  Second is WVU because well they are in WV.  The 2 biggest jokes of states in the country are Jersey and WV...and we are lucky enough to have the "flagship" school of each state in our conference.  ::)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Question: will we still hate Rutgers so much after Schiano's gone?

I'll only hate Rutgers as long as there is a Rutgers to hate.

True. Some other team would have to come along and behave completely classless towards us over time, steal our opponents off of our schedule only months before we are meant to play them, beat us in several uber-important games on national television by using fake punts, fake field goals, and fake kneels, then record a YouTube video of themselves celebrating in the locker room afterwards and before the next season's game which ESPN gets a hold of and uses... etc, etc, etc. Some teams qualify as being completely classless towards us (e.g., see UCiF), but very few have the double whammy of the on-field and administrative trash history with us that Rutgers has. I could never see us hating a team as much as we hate Rutgers, like Miami for example, who despite being an in-state rival was quite kind to agree to a multi-year home-home series (I'm aware of how that transpired), and whose coach was quite kind not to try to pile on extra points when beating us soundly in our own stadium, etc.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

And who can forget the billboard. I like this quote from Voodoo 5: "It all started with a billboard. This billboard popped up sometime in the fall of 2004 along Interstate 4 on the east edge of Tampa. At the time we thought it was kind of a pointless thing to do and didn't think much else of it, but it pissed Jim Leavitt right the hell off and permanently altered the course of this series. What should have just been a garden-variety conference matchup quickly turned into a big grudge match. That was followed by two heart-wrenching losses in 2006 and 2007 that I'd just as soon go back to suppressing, and then the two most recent blowouts. Not even a coaching change could slow down the ever-building hatred that most USF fans have for Rutgers."

http://www.onthebanks.com/2010/11/3/1791052/voodoo-five-dishes-on-usf

Archived