• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blue ribbon breakdown about USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

There was already a post about this the other day from gobulls83. 

• Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

I'm slowly starting to loose faith in AA for her commentary / rankings etc.  I know its obligatory she write these articles and it's all very subjective but it's kind of annoying.  There's a lot of fluff and the same analysis everytime. "BJ Daneils is a big question mark.  He makes or breaks the team, etc."  Kind of shallow look at each BE team.

Did anyone else notice she is still blogging for the college FB Nation section and frequently covers Orlando UCiF-ers (aside from living in O-town).  I don't know if that makes her biased but I'm starting to feel that ESPN is pushing the USF v. UCF angle of the Big East (we all know Bennet was).  It may become a talking point in the t.v. contracts going forward.  "Accept UCF in the BE and we'll pay you an additional $1 Million to cover the I-4 story" while bashing both of the programs as being not as good as "The Big Three."

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I'm slowly starting to loose faith in AA for her commentary / rankings etc.  I know its obligatory she write these articles and it's all very subjective but it's kind of annoying.  There's a lot of fluff and the same analysis everytime. "BJ Daneils is a big question mark.  He makes or breaks the team, etc."  Kind of shallow look at each BE team.

Did anyone else notice she is still blogging for the college FB Nation section and frequently covers Orlando UCiF-ers (aside from living in O-town).  I don't know if that makes her biased but I'm starting to feel that ESPN is pushing the USF v. UCF angle of the Big East (we all know Bennet was).  It may become a talking point in the t.v. contracts going forward.  "Accept UCF in the BE and we'll pay you an additional $1 Million to cover the I-4 story" while bashing both of the programs as being not as good as "The Big Three."

Nothing found at the link in this thread was produced by Andrea Adelson. Not one word of it. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Wow, easy there.  I just came from the BE blog where AA posted a topic referring to the insider article.  HER analysis of USF and of the Big East generally parrots that article and every half hearted commentary that has come before her.  Go to College FB Nation or the Big East Blog and look at Adelson's prior comments and tell me it isn't re-hahsed analysis:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/21262/big-east-blue-ribbon-previews

• Content Count:  693

Wow, easy there.  I just came from the BE blog where AA posted a topic referring to the insider article.  HER analysis of USF and of the Big East generally parrots that article and every half hearted commentary that has come before her.  Go to College FB Nation or the Big East Blog and look at Adelson's prior comments and tell me it isn't re-hahsed analysis:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/21262/big-east-blue-ribbon-previews

That may be so, but the Blue Ribbon Yearbook is a complete different entity than ESPN and AA had nothing to do with writing that analysis. It't may have the same ideas, but that is the same stuff everyone is writing about us on every site. I welcomed how in depth this analysis was though.

Not really.  There's been plenty of actual in depth analysis by other websites (Voodoo Five, etc.).  The Blue Ribbon preview wasn't exactly what I'd call in depth either.  My comment wasn't very clear, I'll give you that but AA's analysis has been anything but in depth or insightful.   

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

AA is a joke. Give us back BB. Never thought I'd say that..

• Content Count:  260

To be fair to AA, she started covering the Big East after spring practice was over so it's not like there's a lot of new insight out there that we don't already know.  I'll reserve my judgement on her until fall practice and the season starts.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

meh

Archived