• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

According to GA, USF is wrapping up 2012 & 2013 schedules

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Well if the plan goes forward for a 9th conference game starting in 2014 or 2015 I would think you would see a 1 - 1 - 1 scheduling philosophy.

You would have one BCS game, one FCS team (cupcake) and propbably one non AQ team like a CUSA or Sunbelt school in there.

Now you have the Pac 12 and Big 12 going to 9 conference games....if the Big Ten and Big East switch to it also, I think it will be difficult to find BCS games to schedule.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

2 BCS games a year OOC

next opening is 2014

im down for michigan.

Depending on Big East expansion, we may be playing 9 conference games in 2014, so that could change the philosophy of playing 2 BCS OOC games a year.

Hard to call Nova a BCS game...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the big east is cupcake enough

these are games that usf shouldnt play

bring back series with orlando school or some real competition so usf can get ready for big east schedule

Pretty sure we have games against "real competition" before Big East play begins in both years (FSU in 2012 and Michigan State in 2013).

USF SHOULDNT BE playing 1 aa teams there are enough crummy 1a

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I'm very certain that much older and more tradition rich programs play 1 AA teams every year. I believe your USC boys even play a 1 AA from time to time.

If you want this to go away, then let the NCAA know that they should drop the rule counting a win over a 1 AA toward Bowl eligibility.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Let's get a game in with UGA, a (usually) decent SEC team and seriously a badass stadium to watch a football game in Athens. 

Let's get a game in with UGA, a (usually) decent SEC team and seriously a badass stadium to watch a football game in Athens. 

I think USF would love the idea of playing UGA but we have yet to get an SEC team to give us a 1 and 1 so I doubt it is likely.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I think USF would love the idea of playing UGA but we have yet to get an SEC team to give us a 1 and 1 so I doubt it is likely.

There probably aren't that many who would give us a 1 for 1.

There probably aren't that many who would give us a 1 for 1.

I would guess only Vandy and South Carolina. South Carolina actually scheduled a 1 and 1 with UCF. Vandy plays lot's of 1 and 1 with BCS AQ teams. MSU doesn't schedule AQ schools OOC. Ole Milss will only play BIG NAME AQ schools in their OOC schedule, mostly non-AQ schools.

After we beat Auburn, I tend to doubt we will see much more of the SEC outside of the Bowls unless we want to go up to Gainesville for more 1 off games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I'm very certain that much older and more tradition rich programs play 1 AA teams every year. I believe your USC boys even play a 1 AA from time to time.

If you want this to go away, then let the NCAA know that they should drop the rule counting a win over a 1 AA toward Bowl eligibility.

That rule will never go away now.  If a 1AA did not count toward Bowl eligibility, there would never be 70 eligible teams available - too many bowls.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I like these schedules starting in 2012

Archived