• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good and Bad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

GOOD:

-We're going into the Big East next year.  We will land better recruits because of the move.  

-Coach McCullum does not kick the scorer's table like Seth used to do when we're getting creamed.  Classy coach.  Lose with dignity.

-2nd level will be just as full when we're in the big East with all the big name programs playing in the Sun Dome.

-Swift plays with a lot of heart and tenancity.  

-Dennis is getting a lot of PT for a Frosh.

-Diarra is progressing defensively.

BAD:

-What separates us from programs like Cincinnati is that we always seem to have 1 - 3 good players, and they have 7 - 8 great players.  After many years of watching the Bulls, this is always the case.  

-If Marius Prekevecius comes back next year and plays a lot of minutes...we'll be in the same boat as this year.  Poor one-on-one defensive player.  I would rather have Luka back than Marius.

-Someone please throw Solomon a pillow and see if he catches it.

-Is Brigman a SR?  He might move faster if he had a walker.

-Is Bryant a SR?  His game is gone.  I guess mine would be to if I had 4 - 5 knee surgeries.

-Coach RC leaving overly excited TL in the game with three fouls before the half.  But what other choices does he have, right?

-Cincinnati players were sticks, but played like Shaq.  Solomon Jones is a stick, but played like a stick.

-Diarra's offensive game is regressing.

-Swift played the whole game.  Do we have any PG coming in next year?

-Brigman has a big body, right?  Is he hurt?

Sorry guys.  Not trying to trash our team or program.  But those are my perspectives.  There is no doubt every single one of those kids thought they played their heart out, but I truly believe they could of played harder.  Especially Brigman and Jones.  Just imagine, even with our current talent level, played as hard as Brian Swift played.  We would have a chance.  Any night against any team.  But when their effort was like tonight, we're just a below average team.  Programs like Cinci not only have talented players, but incredibly tenancious players.  

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I am not an expert on BBall at all, but...

Again, we had at least 7 open, simple, uncontested layups/dunks that did not go in.

As I have said before, Marlyn is a totaly different player on offense since he missed the open dunk against UAB.  It just looks to me like he has totally lost his confidence when he has the ball.

What happened to the FT shooters that were there at the beginning of the season?

Prek is being tentative with his shots.  There were a couple times when he got a great pass, was wide open and chose to dribble into the defender instead of taking the open shot.

Leather's head not in the game at all when he was on the floor.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I think Surch is pretty close to the mark.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

finally a game on tv and i get a stinker.

swift looked good

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

-We're going into the Big East next year.  We will land better recruits because of the move.
You wish! (In fact, we all wish)
-2nd level will be just as full when we're in the big East with all the big name programs playing in the Sun Dome.
Not if we keep getting blown out like today. People will come out a couple times each year for the marquee games but it will take more to draw fans consistently.
-What separates us from programs like Cincinnati is that we always seem to have 1 - 3 good players, and they have 7 - 8 great players.  After many years of watching the Bulls, this is always the case.
It will take time to establish a winning program and tradition at USF. Top players don't come here because USF doesn't have a brand identity in college hoops, or if there is one it is as a mediocre-at-best team with no chance of winning a title or getting to the post season.
-If Marius Prekevecius comes back next year and plays a lot of minutes...we'll be in the same boat as this year.  Poor one-on-one defensive player.  I would rather have Luka back than Marius.
God help us all.
-Is Brigman a SR?  He might move faster if he had a walker.
Brigman, I am sorry to say, is the biggest 4-year flop I have seen in the 10 years I have been following the Bulls. He came in with high expectations but developed attitude problems under Seth. If there is a poster child for a player failing under Seth's tutelage this would be it. Although, in the end it's the player who has to decide that he wants to improve and for whatever reason Brigman never grew as a player since the day he set foot on campus, unless you are considering his weight.

I was really expecting the Bulls to be more tenacious in this game, but I think their confidence is at a low point for this season and they didn't play like they thought they had a chance to win.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will improve next year as they have this year

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

usf will improve next year as they have this year

This may be a true statem't however the competition is going up one to two steps on the talent rung EVERY NITE.  That's the real issue.  USF can't afford a baby steps improvem't next yr.  It must be a TANGIBLE improvement.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

To be honest, USF is playing terrible right now. I am not ready to call this team an improvement over last season. Right now, those close loses to Marq, Sout Carolina, Mich, etc does not count for a thing. Our team has gotten worse from the start which the coaching staff needs to be held accountable right now. The players are missing FTs and missing layups. Only Swift and sometimes Leather is not afraid to score. The only was USF can play decent right now is if both Leather and Swift have good games.  Right now, that is not going to happen because the other teams are putting 2 to 3 defenders on Swift and Leather.  Even Michael Jordan would have a tough time scoring points with 3 defenders on him.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

Its unlikely u will ever be a bb power in the be.. just like ucf wont be one in cusa.. bb in fla is no big deal... players know that.. its hard to build a program here.  UF is the only one even close to it.  In the mid west.. the old south.. kentucky, north carolina, and the NE it is huge.. much easier to build a program there.