• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good and Bad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

There were a lot of "casual" fans there last night, at least up where I was. Give these fans more reasons to come back and the early 90's feel should come back ....... Students doing a great job, too.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

The SBC is going a great job - keep it up guys! You are awesome.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

My thoughts on last nights game:

Take into account this is only the 2nd game I've watched this season thanks to our WONDERFUL tv contract... ::)

- Solomon Jones is garbage. Not ONE part of his game impresses me. Worst hands I think I've ever seen. Was there ONE pass that he caught cleanly? Was there ONE rebound that he went up and took away from someone else?

- Bad shots. Bad shots. Bad shots.

- Movement on offense. Where is it? Our half court offense last night was as follows: Brian Swift walks it up. The other 4 stand in a line across the court. The same 4 stand there and watch Swift dribble back and forth across the court. 2 of them set unsuccessful picks. Swift forces a pass or shot. Turnover.

- Leather lacks discipline. As I said, I've watched 2 games, and in both of them, he was in foul trouble early.

- Marius Prekevicius can shoot the 3. And that's it.

- Marlyn Bryant played 29 minutes and attempted ONE FG. 1. Seemed to me like he was flying all over the court, recklessly, and not doing a **** thing...........except getting himself tired and giving Cincy easy layups.

- Cincinnatti contested EVERY shot. We contested about 4.

The End.

.......REACTION!

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

Not trying to be negitive, but Swift didn't do much for me last night.  I am not an expert on basketball, but I don't think your point guard is supposed to take the inbounds pass, dribble down the court, AND take a shot without passing almost everytime.  He was only 9-26 from the field for crying out loud.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

That isn't a knock on swift.. it is a knock on the other scorers not moving.  Swift did all he could to get us back in the game.  To get us within 14 points with 10 minutes to go was amazing, considering it was PLAINLY obvious that he was going to take just about every shot and Cincy KNEW that.  

Swift was amazing.  If anyone would have helped out, we might have only lost by 15-20.  ::)

We were overmatched... there isn't much more to say than that.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

Not trying to be negitive, but Swift didn't do much for me last night.  I am not an expert on basketball, but I don't think your point guard is supposed to take the inbounds pass, dribble down the court, AND take a shot without passing almost everytime.  He was only 9-26 from the field for crying out loud.

he didn't start doing that until he (and everyone else) realized that entire team was playing and shooting terribly.....all everyone does is ***** about the coaching and the playing of this team....has anyone seen our depth chart recently??  our players look like high school players (in size and speed) compared to our recent opponents....this rebuilding (or building) will take a ton of time, i'd say 10 to 15 years......I will always root for our players and I really like our coaching staff right now, I just don't know what you all are expecting from our team

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

That isn't a knock on swift.. it is a knock on the other scorers not moving.

Is that why the whole team combined for five assist? ::sick::

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

EXACTLY!!!   Think about it... if no one is moving, no one can receive a pass.  Hence, no assist.

When swift was passing the ball early... everyone was fumbling it out of bounds.

....has anyone seen our depth chart recently??  our players look like high school players (in size and speed) compared to our recent opponents....

This is not something new with USF basketball. For as long as I can remember, everytime we go up against the UC's and Memphis's of the college bb world, it looks like men against boys from a purely physical aspect ...

this rebuilding (or building) will take a ton of time, i'd say 10 to 15 years

speechless-smiley-040.gif

When swift was passing the ball early... everyone was fumbling it out of bounds.

No ****! I can't recall a game where there were so many bad attempts at catching a ball, whether it was a pass or a rebound ...