• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT - USF men’s hoops adds transfer Martino Brock

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Meanwhile UCF beat USF/Stan Heath out on another Orlando kid when they got a verbal from SG Matt Williams.

Facilities or no facilities Heath just can't recruit the Florida HS kids, nevermind the National ones he so covets.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

Meanwhile UCF beat USF/Stan Heath out on another Orlando kid when they got a verbal from SG Matt Williams.

Facilities or no facilities Heath just can't recruit the Florida HS kids, nevermind the National ones he so covets.

Apparently, we didn't have too much of a chance to begin with .... unless USF could rent busses to have Matt's "community" shipped over for games and Stan became an ordained minister:

"I picked it because it was close to home, my parents and the community get to see me play and the fact that coach Jones is a christian," Williams said. "My parents are real big on that."

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1080083.html

Apparently, we didn't have too much of a chance to begin with .... unless USF could rent busses to have Matt's "community" shipped over for games and Stan became an ordained minister:

"I picked it because it was close to home, my parents and the community get to see me play and the fact that coach Jones is a christian," Williams said. "My parents are real big on that."

Well I guess religion played a part. However USF wanted him badly and his name is the latest that goes in the book of losses that Heath is accumulating with in state kids. There are a few more left as the crop at the swing position is pretty good for the state in 2012.

I am curious Triple why did you move this thread out of the main forum? I might have missed 1 or more, but I can't recall a topic such as this one being moved off the main board.

Well I guess religion played a part. However USF wanted him badly and his name is the latest that goes in the book of losses that Heath is accumulating with in state kids. There are a few more left as the crop at the swing position is pretty good for the state in 2012.

I am curious Triple why did you move this thread out of the main forum? I might have missed 1 or more, but I can't recall a topic such as this one being moved off the main board.

I didn't move the whole topic, just the Off Topic stuff that had nothing to do with the commitment of one of our new hoops players and was about a commitment to another state of Florida school. You are certainly entitled to start a thread to bash Stan on that board so there's no need to try and hijack other threads to get in your shots ...

I didn't move the whole topic, just the Off Topic stuff that had nothing to do with the commitment of one of our new hoops players and was about a commitment to another state of Florida school. You are certainly entitled to start a thread to bash Stan on that board so there's no need to try and hijack other threads to get in your shots ...

Well then there's quite a few topics that need to be moved, and nobody hijacks a thread or goes off topic more then you. Going by your rules I guess this will the be the forum to read all of your replies from now on huh?

Well then there's quite a few topics that need to be moved, and nobody hijacks a thread or goes off topic more then you.

LOL ... Whatever, Vega.

Going by your rules I guess this will the be the forum to read all of your replies from now on huh?

Why would all my replies go in this particular forum?

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Whoooaaa....Mat Williams is from Orlando, not Chicago.  It isn't like an 80 mile drive would kill him, and what is Stan Heath a heathen- ironic eehh?  He's a Christian too...so are you tellin me we're now losing out on top tier talent in FL to UCF because of a 60 mile difference and our coach never brought up he is a Christian.

This is indicative of how low our program has fallen, we take a Sunbelt player, and they get a high major HS recruit from central FL.  A region we once dominated in recruitng.

Pathetic...and it's a good thing triple moved the thread because he hates when the truth about USF is negative. ::)

Whoooaaa....Mat Williams is from Orlando, not Chicago.  It isn't like an 80 mile drive would kill him

"Him" who? I specifically pointed out that Matt said he wanted his COMMUNITY to see him play. Wouldn't be right for him to ask his peeps to drive all the way over to Tampa to watch him, now would it?

and what is Stan Heath a heathen- ironic eehh?

Heath ... heathen ... nice.

and it's a good thing triple moved the thread because he hates when the truth about USF is negative. ::)

Of course, I hate it when the truth about USF is negative .... you don't?

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Not enthused about a kid coming from Sun Belt powerhouse USA to play in the Big East and still having to sit a year. It just seems like a scholly that could have been used on a high schooler for next season.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Whoooaaa....Mat Williams is from Orlando, not Chicago.  It isn't like an 80 mile drive would kill him

"Him" who? I specifically pointed out that Matt said he wanted his COMMUNITY to see him play. Wouldn't be right for him to ask his peeps to drive all the way over to Tampa to watch him, now would it?

and what is Stan Heath a heathen- ironic eehh?

Heath ... heathen ... nice.

and it's a good thing triple moved the thread because he hates when the truth about USF is negative. ::)

Of course, I hate it when the truth about USF is negative .... you don't?

Always the semantical debater.

Him being the community,  you're always quick to debate errors...still doesn't disguise the fact the family and community has only an hour drive to see him at USF in lieu of UCF.  His HS is on the west end of downtown Orlando, and he lives over in Ocoee...hell by the time he got to UCF, which is about 25 minutes from his home, he'd already have passed Lakeland and be about 35 minutes to USF...splitting hairs if the kid truly wanted to compete with the best as he says he did.  His family and community would have to rent buses to UCF or USF, because both are to far away to simply walk, or for public transit on game day.

The other point is the kid's family are looking for strong "Christian" beliefs in their son's leaders.  Stan clearly isn't a heathen, that means no atheist, he's a God Fearin Man, so he stood as good a chance as Jones did...Jones saying he woulda been an Ordained Minister if he wasn't a coach is simply good ole 'snake oil' salesmanship.  Stan's got us in that game, and we can't constantly get beat by Jones for all those 'best of the rest' kids in this region.  I know we've lost before we've competed because we lack the contacts...but this is why change is necessary at this point.

I don't hate it triple because sometimes the negative is needed to shed like on change that is necessary.  If there is something wrong with one of my operations then I want to know, so they can be corrected, and appropriate people hired, or fired.  As a business you're only good as what people say about you.

Archived