• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AD leaving?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,716
  • Days Won:  109

Didn't see any topics on this.  From Greg's blog:

Woolard dismisses speculation about Illinois job

USF athletic director Doug Woolard, mentioned as a possible candidate for the athletic director job at Illinois, said he has no plans to leave the job he's had with the Bulls for the past seven years.

"It's probably more of a compliment to USF than it is to Doug Woolard," said the native of Carbondale, in southern Illinois. "We've got really good support here from the university and the Tampa Bay region, and we've been able to make some significant advancements. We have a lot of tremendous potential ahead of us, and I look forward to the opportunities we have in front of us."

Woolard was one of several names mentioned by the Springfield (Ill.) State Journal-Register on Monday in a story discussing potential successors to Ron Guenther, who announced last week that he is retiring this summer. Woolard has guided USF into its current position in the Big East and has directed a massive $35 million package of facility upgrades, including new stadiums for baseball, softball and soccer, a practice facility for basketball and new practice fields for football, with a $35 million renovation of the Sun Dome expected to start this summer.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/

Maybe Bobby Bowden will take over.  8-) 

J/K.  I heard it would be Bobby Knight.

I jest, I jest.  I hope Doug stays on for years.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

though I appreciate all the accomplishments with the leading into the BE and the facility upgrades, doesnt performance on the field have something to do with who Illinois want to look at?  i would have to guess the speculation comes from his roots. 

i mean if I improve relationships between my employees, organize the office, am respected and show up on time that isnt going to be enough for my boss if we arent producing. 

we need major help in football and basketball now.  other sports can sit on the back burner imo

• Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Either way the baseball team is going to kick butt next year.

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

though I appreciate all the accomplishments with the leading into the BE and the facility upgrades, doesnt performance on the field have something to do with who Illinois want to look at?  i would have to guess the speculation comes from his roots. 

i mean if I improve relationships between my employees, organize the office, am respected and show up on time that isnt going to be enough for my boss if we arent producing. 

we need major help in football and basketball now.  other sports can sit on the back burner imo

Women's soccer made it to the NCAA Tournament

Men's soccer made it to the NCAA Tournament

Women's tennis made it to the NCAA Tournament

Softball was one weekend away from winning the Big East

Sailing is in the national semifinals

Football had the second best record under a 1st year head coach in the country, and beat a BCS team in a bowl game

Two of our men's tennis players were named co-Big East POY

14 track and field members have qualified for the NCAAs

We have one women's tennis and golf member playing in the NCAA Tournament.

You don't consider that success?

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Is this a joke? USF has improved leaps and bounds in virtually all sports since Doug Woolard took over, including football and basketball.

Just because the teams aren't the best in the country doesn't mean they aren't much better than they were in 2004.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I hope we can keep him... I don't see anyone out there good enough to replace him right now...

• Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Wasn't bm an ad prior to coming here?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Women's soccer made it to the NCAA Tournament

Men's soccer made it to the NCAA Tournament

Women's tennis made it to the NCAA Tournament

Softball was one weekend away from winning the Big East

Sailing is in the national semifinals

Football had the second best record under a 1st year head coach in the country, and beat a BCS team in a bowl game

Two of our men's tennis players were named co-Big East POY

14 track and field members have qualified for the NCAAs

We have one women's tennis and golf member playing in the NCAA Tournament.

You don't consider that success?

how many championships

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Is this a joke? USF has improved leaps and bounds in virtually all sports since Doug Woolard took over, including football and basketball.

Just because the teams aren't the best in the country doesn't mean they aren't much better than they were in 2004.

we need a AD that emphasizes  WINNING

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Did Doug refer to himself in the third person there?  Geez ... lol

Look, Doug's done a great job since he's been here.  Thank goodness Smazza isn't our AD, we'd have a new coach every year and no one would want to come to USF and play sports. 

Archived