• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Muma Center Tour

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

dammit.  I wish I was in Tampa.  Stuff like this is why I love our program.  Casual fans can't get that type of treatment just anywhere.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Bill also gave us some teasers on the Sun Dome renovations... it's going to be just as nice!!!

Do share.

The raid gutter/flumes on the outside will be demolished.

They will redo all the entrances, removing the white cloth roofs, and replacing them with roofs similar to the athletics building and the other new projects. The southwest will become the grand entrance, with the ticket office, and they hope to put in a team store that can be open during the week.  The building will be painted, but no colors or patterns have been selected.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Bill also gave us some teasers on the Sun Dome renovations... it's going to be just as nice!!!

Do share.

The building will be painted, but no colors or patterns have been selected.

The whole building? ..... and I hope in there they budgeted for new landscaping all the way around ... the new ball fields across the street make the area surrounding the Dome look like ****.

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Do share.

The whole building? ..... and I hope in there they budgeted for new landscaping all the way around ... the new ball fields across the street make the area surrounding the Dome look like ****.

Bill didn't specifically mention the roof but yes, the rest of the building is slated to be painted in the same scheme as the Baseball/Softball complex and Soccer Stadium. The landscaping will also be consistent with those complexes as they are using the same company for all 4 projects. All the nasty bahia grass by the loading ramp will be bermuda grass to match the baseball stadium exterior.

Do share.

Bill didn't specifically mention the roof but yes, the rest of the building is slated to be painted in the same scheme as the Baseball/Softball complex and Soccer Stadium. The landscaping will also be consistent with those complexes as they are using the same company for all 4 projects. All the nasty bahia grass by the loading ramp will be bermuda grass to match the baseball stadium exterior.

Fantastic ... I'll probably shed a tear when I see the drawings.

I'll tease some more.... and I don't know if he was serious or joking... when he came out of his meeting he said "I almost brought down the helmet renderings to show you".  ;D

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Do share.

Fantastic ... I'll probably shed a tear when I see the drawings.

I'll probably die when it see it in person!!!

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

old rendering, but some of the external features may not have changed.

usf%20sundome%20lg.jpg

usf%20sundome%20lg.jpg

Yeah, I remember that one but it was still kind of a futuristic wish type thing ... The working renderings now will be the real deal.

usf%20sundome%20lg.jpg

Yeah, I remember that one but it was still kind of a futuristic wish type thing ... The working renderings now will be the real deal.

Some additional info is now coming back to me.... the front corner (ent 3) will actually be kind of close to what you see... the current sloping cement will be replaced by steps like shown... also, the ticket office is being removed and the front will be all glass doors with a new roof resembling the one in the picture. He said that Entrance 2 will stay close to what it is now(the entrance directly across from AD) so they could move the ramp for the truck entrance as shown below... would free up the entire side to be landscaped which would mesh with the base ball stadium. Also, while not in the exact location, a parking garage is still planned just next to the new chiller plant. What ever ends up happening it's going to look VERY different than what is currently there.

Can't get over the tunnel from the Muma Center that goes to mid court... pretty bad ass.

Archived