• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU's first 2 games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Bulls fans are just going through the pangs of success and the lack of tradition, this is what I hear all the time when I go out to a pub.

In my opinion all we need is a dedicated in-state rival (trophy rival) and these boo birds will disappear... by adding TCU as a Big East Conference member I think this helps to improve our schedule right off the bat.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

How do you know USF isn't trying?

Not every program we'd want to see in RJS is going to be willing to come here.

We'll see what happens when we go down to 4, and potentially, 3 OOC games per year.

They maybe trying, but judging by past, and current OOC home schedules, they have not done well. 

True, but the AD should be capable of doing better than, Ball State #160, FAMU #215, and UTEP #121....Not much there to help sell more season tickets or to put ticket holders into their seats.

One can only hope....

Guest Sunburned

There is no use in us loading up on teams we have 50/50 chance against. We already have two of those match-ups on the OOC schedule. We have hopefully "build in" wins somewhere.

A home OOC schedule like this years, does little to nothing to help build interest in USF football.  Your "built in wins" against the likes of FAMU #215, Ball State #160, and UTEP #121 provide little to attract people to come out to the RJ and get interested enough to purchase season tickets.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

There is no use in us loading up on teams we have 50/50 chance against. We already have two of those match-ups on the OOC schedule. We have hopefully "build in" wins somewhere.

A home OOC schedule like this years, does little to nothing to help build interest in USF football.  Your "built in wins" against the likes of FAMU #215, Ball State #160, and UTEP #121 provide little to attract people to come out to the RJ and get interested enough to purchase season tickets.

FAMU could draw close to 40k... it was over 35k last time they were here. No one goes to see the FAMU football team so the ranking really doesn't matter.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If you're going to take the argument there, tell me, who are you trying to market USF football to?  The general Tampa Bay area public?  The ones that are already Gator or Seminole fans, or the ones that don't give a rat's arse about college football?  

Because this is what you're up against.  USF will have FSU play at Ray Jay next year.  UF has already said no way to a home and home.  We've got Miami this year.  I'm sure if Doug Woolard could get Alabama to play USF at Ray Jay, or Georgia, or Auburn to come down, that would sell some tickets.  

A good AD is always trying to bring the best teams in FBS in for home games.  Even a bad AD may be trying.  You basically do the best you can do.  Bottom line is our fan base is small, but as we continue to win, it will grow.  

Guest Sunburned

Miami tops FSU with ACC's stiffest nonconference schedule

First to worst

1. Miami: Ohio State, Kansas State, Bethune-Cookman, at USF.

2. Florida State: Louisiana-Monroe, Charleston Southern, Oklahoma, at Florida

3. Clemson: Troy, Wofford, Auburn, at South Carolina

4. Maryland: West Virginia, Temple, Towson, Notre Dame

5. Boston College: Northwestern, at UCF, UMass, at Notre Dame

6. Georgia Tech: Western Carolina, at Middle Tennessee, Kansas, Georgia

7. North Carolina: James Madison, Rutgers, at ECU, Louisville

8. Wake Forest: at Syracuse, Gardner-Webb, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt

9. Duke: Richmond, Stanford, Tulane, at FIU

10. Virginia: William and Mary, at Indiana, Southern Miss, Idaho

11. Virginia Tech: Appalachian State, at ECU, Arkansas State, at Marshall

12. N.C. State: Liberty, South Alabama, at Cincinnati, Central Michigan

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2011-05-09/miami-tops-fsu-with-accs-stiffest-nonconference-schedule#ixzz1MPLgGY9g

VaTech is really out on a limb there with the OOC. Not even 1 BCS team.

USF

Notre Dame #19

Ball State #160

FAMU #215

UTEP #121

Miami #40

VTech

Appalachian State #75

ECU #85

Arkansas State #117

Marshall #113

Opponents Average Rank:

VTech 97.5

USF 111.0

Number of BCS Opponents on Schedule:

USF 9

V-T 8

1. What does VaTech week *** OOC schedule have to to with USF???

2. Also, I don't know where you get your rankings from, but in my book the HIGHEST Appalachian State can be ranked in any year is 121 since they are an FCS school. Since they are not the defending champs that's a bogus made up ranking.

3. So you want to trade theirs for ours? Would you be happy then? Please. Then you would be crying like a little one.

1. Nothing, Mama Bull brought it to the thread.  

2. See reply #12

3. No, I judge USF's OCC home schedule on it's own merits because that's what my season tickets are paying for.  Since I'm not a VT season ticket holder I really don't care what their schedule is like.  

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

How do you know USF isn't trying?

Not every program we'd want to see in RJS is going to be willing to come here.

We'll see what happens when we go down to 4, and potentially, 3 OOC games per year.

They maybe trying, but judging by past, and current OOC home schedules, they have not done well. 

True, but the AD should be capable of doing better than, Ball State #160, FAMU #215, and UTEP #121....Not much there to help sell more season tickets or to put ticket holders into their seats.

One can only hope....

If someone is buying season tickets based on the opponents, then they're not really that much of a USF fan, in my opinion.

I'll gladly take the one game with UTEP since it's a home game. We're going to play 1 AA's every season if winning the game means 1 victory toward bowl eligibility, so getting FAMU is the best option for us. Which leaves Ball State, which I would agree is a head scratcher since we return a game there.

Still have FSU, Miami (x2), Michigan State on future schedules, which are very good for us.

Guest Sunburned

FAMU could draw close to 40k... it was over 35k last time they were here. No one goes to see the FAMU football team so the ranking really doesn't matter.

What does the game do to attract people to USF football and keep them coming back? How many FAMU fans are going to buy USF season tickets?  I'm interested in USF football, not FAMUs band...IMO, the game is  not worth the price of admission or the time and cost of going to the RJ, and an opening menu of Ball State, FAMU and UTEP is not the way to interest people in the program.

BTW, USF lists attendance at the 2005 FAMU game at 43,122...how many were wearing green and gold?

Guest Sunburned

And your rankings are based off of what? Certainly they are not based off of anything this year.

Please refer to  Reply #12

Interesting how he went right by the first part of that post.  :D

What DOES VaTech week *** OOC schedule have to to with USF???

Head_up_ass.jpg

Reply #31

« on: May 17, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

Online South_Florida_Flip

5th Year Senior

2009-2010 Overall Winner

Re: FSU's first 2 games

And your rankings are based off of what? Certainly they are not based off of anything this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Please refer to  Reply #12

Interesting how he went right by the first part of that post.  :D

What DOES VaTech week *** OOC schedule have to to with USF???

Head_up_ass.jpg

Reply #31

« on: May 17, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »

Online South_Florida_Flip

5th Year Senior

2009-2010 Overall Winner

Re: FSU's first 2 games

LOL ... You're right, it was DEL's question you conveniently ignored until the ridiculous answer about Mama bringing it up. Fact is, our ooc schedule has nothing whatsoever to do with their weak one and that was just another one of your contrarian attempts at a shot at USF.

Archived