• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Vandy coach is very impressive.

Then maybe his dad show go there, instead of coaching under Holtz.

He can't make his son go somewhere if he doesn't want to go there. VH3 doesn't want to come to USF and his dad shouldn't push him here if he doesn't want to be a bull. No hard feelings here.

We've been in his top three all along. Apparently, he is even still considering USF. So, to say he doesn't want to come here is not entirely true. We now just aren't among his top 5.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Just notice he's the tenth best player in the nation according to rival.com. He's also a 5 star DB now. He would be the highest rated player for us if we can land him.

Don't get your hopes up. He's not coming here

I should have just stuck with my instincts. I knew he wasn't coming here. Ya'll talked me into thinking there was a chance...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

We are done for VHIII

Top 5 ) 1.Florida 2.Clemson 3.Vanderbilt 4.Miami 5.Notre Dame , USF is not in my top 5 but still considering !

I owe you 5 Southie, weird list

Only surprise on that list was Vandy. USC folks thought they would make the cut.

Vandy is a punch in the gut.

I honestly wonder how Vanderbilt beats us in recruiting. They are a small private school-with a reputation as a bottom-tier football team in not just their conference, but the whole AQ club; and in one of the coldest areas in the Southeast.

We may not be widely seen as top-tier even in our state, but at least USF can contend in its conference, with less privilege available to the school; and has a more desirable location.

Edited by Florida Bull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We are done for VHIII

Top 5 ) 1.Florida 2.Clemson 3.Vanderbilt 4.Miami 5.Notre Dame , USF is not in my top 5 but still considering !

Only surprise on that list was Vandy. USC folks thought they would make the cut.

I honestly wonder how Vanderbilt beats us in recruiting. They are a small private school-with a reputation as a bottom-tier football team in not just their conference, but the whole AQ club; and in one of the coldest areas in the Southeast.

We may not be widely seen as top-tier even in our state, but at least USF can contend in its conference with less privilege; and has a more desirable location.

Can't beat the education they have there

I'm just so disappointed in Vernon Hargreaves Senior. He obviously doesn't think USF is going to get to that level.

Edited by Bull Martin

We are done for VHIII

We may not be widely seen as top-tier even in our state, but at least USF can contend in its conference with less privilege; and has a more desirable location.

Can't beat the education they have there

I'm just so disappointed in Vernon Hargreaves Senior. He obviously doesn't think USF is going to get to that level.

Frankly, If he can't even recruit his own son, then we don't need him.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

In recruiting it isn't over until signing day.

It would be great if we get him but we will all still live to see another day if we don't land him.

And even if we do land him, theres no guarantee that he actually becomes a great player.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Here we go. The meltdown begins.

Mama_Bull I'm most suprised at you. I'd expect more rational thought. "If he can't recruit his own son, we don't need him." Really? You are supposed to be on here keeping everyone grounded, not fueling the irrational fires.

1. He can go to any D1 school in the country. The fit has to be right for the student athlete, not for a rabid fan base of a particular school.

2. To think we should be the automatic top choice of anyone is foolhardy. We are doing very well in recruiting, and I expect we'll get more four stars before this recruiting season ends.

3. Vanderbilt is one of the most prestigious academic schools in the country. It is rather obvious that academics isn't high on the list of many of you, but if its high on his list that is an excellent reason to consider them.

VHIII seems like he is working very hard to choose the right school for HIM. To react this way because of the decisions of a 17 year old kid is mind boggling.

I applaud him and every other kid that actually goes through the effort and thought process to pick the right school. Here's to you, VHIII. :guinness:

Make the right decision for yourself, because that is who is most important.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Vernon Hargreaves II is father first, coach second. Let's remember that. Best of luck VHIII wherever u end up

I'm not here to keep anybody grounded.

Urban Meyer said that if a coach can't recruit then he's worth nothing to him.

That's even more true when it comes to USF.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

So for all of the JN brownosers. We didn't even get a mention in 247 tweets, although we did in VHIII's. You guys need to realize he is a Nole 1st and last and will never be an advocate for any part of USF.