• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Wharton HS **2013**

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

So is it time to hit the panic button ? :D

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

This is getting borderline ridiculous ... Not sure I've ever seen a worse case of Green and Gold Goggle Syndrome than the way this thread has turned. I defy anyone to make a legitimate case, one that an impartial observer would buy, of choosing USF over any of his final 5. The only legit case may be over UM with their problems that keep surfacing.

Trying to figure out what drives individual's decisions like this is futile ... I'm just thankful for the quality kids that HAVE chosen us over a lot of those programs.

I think USF has more potential and can be more competitive than Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt is obviously not an elite SEC team, but USF probably has the talent to win the Big East.

I thin this has been said every year for the last few years. Obviously it is not true.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

This is getting borderline ridiculous ... Not sure I've ever seen a worse case of Green and Gold Goggle Syndrome than the way this thread has turned. I defy anyone to make a legitimate case, one that an impartial observer would buy, of choosing USF over any of his final 5. The only legit case may be over UM with their problems that keep surfacing.

Trying to figure out what drives individual's decisions like this is futile ... I'm just thankful for the quality kids that HAVE chosen us over a lot of those programs.

I think USF has more potential and can be more competitive than Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt is obviously not an elite SEC team, but USF probably has the talent to win the Big East.

The only football related advantage that USF has is that there's a better chance to win your conference here than at Vandy ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Academically, Vandy is the ONLY elite SEC school

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

I was referring to football. But as you brought up academics, UF is also very prestigious.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I was referring to football. But as you brought up academics, UF is also very prestigious.

Even your avatar snorted at that one.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

This is getting borderline ridiculous ... Not sure I've ever seen a worse case of Green and Gold Goggle Syndrome than the way this thread has

turned. I defy anyone to make a legitimate case, one that an impartial observer would buy, of choosing USF over any of his final 5. The only legit case may be over UM with their problems that keep surfacing.

Trying to figure out what drives individual's decisions like this is futile ... I'm just thankful for the quality kids that HAVE chosen us over a lotof those programs.

LOL! At least by SEC standards, their academics are decent. It could mean they are great or their conference is bad, but their academics are probably second or third best in the SEC.

I do remember them recently cutting their computer science program, while increasing the investment in the athletic department. I think they should focus more on academics, and their leaders/representatives (i.e. JD Alexander, etc.) should be more open toward allying with USF.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This is getting borderline ridiculous ... Not sure I've ever seen a worse case of Green and Gold Goggle Syndrome than the way this thread has

turned. I defy anyone to make a legitimate case, one that an impartial observer would buy, of choosing USF over any of his final 5. The only legit case may be over UM with their problems that keep surfacing.

Trying to figure out what drives individual's decisions like this is futile ... I'm just thankful for the quality kids that HAVE chosen us over a lotof those programs.

LOL! At least by SEC standards, their academics are decent. It could mean they are great or their conference is bad, but their academics are probably second or third best in the SEC.

I do remember them recently cutting their computer science program, while increasing the investment in the athletic department. I think they should focus more on academics, and their leaders/representatives (i.e. JD Alexander, etc.) should be more open toward allying with USF.

Their aggregate GPA will go up soon, when they absorb the Lakeland campus...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  8

For those who think Vernon has been disloyal to USF, ask yourself this

question. What if he was a borderline 2-star recruit with no BCS offers. Would

you have demanded that USF extend a scholarship offer out of loyalty?

Edited by USF_FAN

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

@joshnewberg247 Talking to CB Vernon Hargreaves III this morning, it sounds like his mind is made. Announcement could come prior to season.