• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Congrats students and SBC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

The Students sounded great on the radio! Sorry I was not there. The Doc said no and  maybe Saturday! P'd me off! You all don't know how bad I want to be there! But the students sounded loud and proud last night. TJ even commented on the rep. Great job by all getting the 6th Bull out in force. Hopefully I can be there Saturday.

Also, thanks Mag for the card. It was GREAT!! Sure picked me up!

See you all Saturday. (To heck with the Doc!!!)       Reaper

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Great job SBC and others.  The overrated chant wasn't a good idea (and yes, I know it was directed towards Washington) because he dropped 20 on us.  I really wish you would get on the coaches more - there is some great material to use with the Memphis coaches or the Charlotte water boys.  Oh yea, and Cincy is an easier target, too.  In other words, spend some time doing more homework on the teams we are playing for GREATER effect.  We were ranked as the roughest crowd in CUSA a few years back because of this.  

Great night for the students - it was a great step forward.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Great job SBC and others.  The overrated chant wasn't a good idea (and yes, I know it was directed towards Washington) because he dropped 20 on us.  I really wish you would get on the coaches more - there is some great material to use with the Memphis coaches or the Charlotte water boys.  Oh yea, and Cincy is an easier target, too.  In other words, spend some time doing more homework on the teams we are playing for GREATER effect.  We were ranked as the roughest crowd in CUSA a few years back because of this.  

I heard a few remarks towards the memphis coaching staff and I was sitting behind the basket.  There was mention of his multi million dollar contract and how he hasnt won anything and could be on the hot seat.  there was talk of him needing to go in the locker room and find marcus camby.

but yes, the overrated was uncalled for but hey...its better then them sitting on their hands all night

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128

Good job students.  I also listened on the radio and was impressed.  I know back when I was going to games in the early 90's it was a great time and I can only hope that the passion continues.  I hope to make a few games in person so it would be nice if there is a passionate crowd.  

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

whats the big deal with the "overrated" chant, we were students having a heck of a time at the game.  be lucky we had tha many students there.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care what the students are chanting, as long as they are at the game and enjoying it.  The more fun they have, the more word will spread.  WTG Bulls!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You know what... they are showing up to games again. So, for people to ***** about how they might have goofed on a chant or might be shallow in the basketball knowledge, get over it already.

The SBC is doing something that has waned off the last two years... the old guard is gone and now we have new students that are learning to get on board. It's a learning process, and as you know JewBull, it can be learned pretty quickly. We picked stuff up pretty fast when we got to campus.

Give them some props and use your knowledge to lead them in the right direction. If they are doing flyers on the chants, have her fax you one before she masses copies them and passes them out at the game and make additions or corrections. It's easy for all of us to criticize, but it takes a LOT OF TIME to do all of this. Whether it is a club or not, 20% of the people do 80% of the work. That takes time and deserves a Thank You.

SBC... I wasn't there, but your hearts are in the right direction! Thank you from a die hard that would love to be working there myself!

The Sheriff

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

We did some homework on this game, like chanting "Where's Banks" during their introductions and trust me a few of us behind the scorer's table gave Calapari and all his coaches hell most of the night.  As far the rest of the season, I know a few of us are coming up with ideas and feeding them to all students before the game starts....Cincy will be a ton of fun next Thursday can't wait for that one and Charlotte as well...As for all of us at SBC, we will keep working on ways to make it more exciting and getting even more students out there.

Chris

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

the only problem is that only the 5-10 people in your group know what you are saying... I was only about 6-8 rows behind you guys and didnt have the slightest clue what you were saying

and for goodness sakes can we please do the "right, left, right....  SIT DOWN!" when someone fouls out.  I dont care how many other schools do it, it is still funny, especially when the players stand over by the bench and refuse to sit down!  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

When Hunt fouled out Phil and myself did it but everyone else was so loud that noone heard us....I think it would be awesome if everyone did it