• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When is this team going to get a break?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  0

Konimba is flat out the most improved player on the team.  Last year he was always a liability this year he acutally contributes.  He was the only one that willing to stay physical on Erwin.  Jones was too soft on him trying to go for blocks but he didnt body him up and Brandon just cant keep up with anyone this year.  Konimba still isnt an offensive weapon but if everyone plays there role he deserves the minutes he is getting.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

If we are depending on Diarra for much of anything I think we are in trouble.  I didn't see the game but am glad to hear he is playing some "D" because he was lost out there earlier in the season.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  35

I think this team will get over the hump and could still realistically win 7-8 more games.  Like RMC said we need someone else to step up consistently and provide some scoring other than swift and leather.  When Marius gets back he should be able to at least give us that extra 7-9 points that may help.  Holmes seems a little rattled out there on offense, not squaring up on his shots, and seems to be rushing a little.  Dennis love his energy on defense sometimes a little to aggressive, but offensively tends to be a little too quick with the shot or very tenative.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Dennis will come around... he's playing very good ball, just making some freshman mistakes...that will change.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442

I completely agree with Phil.....As we discussed at the game on Wednesday, we have enough scorers who can score on the floor and we believe Diarra could be the one of if not the best post defender we have because he uses the body....I would like to see him get 5-10 minutes a night

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Solomon Jones was getting schooled bad, so they put in the bigger diarra and he held him down to a few points.  I was impressed with his post defense.

I'm really concerned about our post play next season, without a solid guy in the middle next season it could be a repeat of last year's 1-win campaign. Diarra and Jones both need to continue developing.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

We're gonna have a good amount of talent at the 3 position.  Buckley/Cann/Mattis  (cann may be a 4 if he remains 230 lbs).  I don't see a 1 win campaign.  We'll still be a good shooting team, but with a couple slashers to boot.  We definitely need better play from our big guys, but we really don't have great wing play this year... its all guards and Leather.  Next year it will be Guards and Wings... and Mac is working on addressing the big guy issue.  Have faith.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Tomorrow.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

We're gonna have a good amount of talent at the 3 position.  Buckley/Cann/Mattis  (cann may be a 4 if he remains 230 lbs).  I don't see a 1 win campaign.  We'll still be a good shooting team, but with a couple slashers to boot.  We definitely need better play from our big guys, but we really don't have great wing play this year... its all guards and Leather.  Next year it will be Guards and Wings... and Mac is working on addressing the big guy issue.  Have faith.

Well said!  If Diarra can continue this development, and jones keeps getting stronger, one could play 4 and one 5 at times, with Cann rotating at 4.  We need one bona fide big man, if not Smith, a real solid inside presence.  Our staff is very particular about recruiting, and they seem very adept at finding players capable of contributing early and heavily from the HS, and JC ranks- look at Prek, Dennis, Jones, Mosley (last year), and Waters if he stayed.  Only Holmes has turned into a bit of a disappointment.

If we can get 1-2 solid big men, some big narly PF, and C.  Then we've got a **** good team in the making.  Nothing that's going to walk into Camden and beat Duke, but  a team that can go to Depaul, or St Johns, and win if we play well.  A team that could pull out 6-8 conference wins.  One other important piece is Howard must come eligible, and be as good a PG as advertised.